Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Best way to administer HGH?

BlueDevil

BlueDevil

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
I recently read a contradicting peer reviewed study about iv hgh administration. It showed that subq was more effective. So it's difficult to know what really is the best.
There's long been talk that Dorian Yates (and others) would use an IV drip (not inj intravenous) with timed releases to mimic GH pulses but at much larger doses. That makes a lot of sense in theory. Moreso to me than an introvenous shot.

That makes no sense. So they were constantly hooked up to a line of hGH? What they just walked around with a tube in their arm going "oh, don't mind that. It's just my growth hormone."

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Ive heard they did that to but just figured they did it mid day during nap time.....
Now that would be a pita!

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Of course not. It was during rest times or through the evening. Am I a fictional character. . . some community noob? A training partner of mine in the 90's had been a personal friend of Dorian's and shared this with me. I had no reason to doubt him and I've since seen it written of and spoken of through the forum communities. So do some more checking up guys.

A quick search brings up discussions on the topic. A couple examples I found within about 2 minutes:
http://www.promusclemag.com/forum/t37882-has-anyone-used-hgh-iv.html

http://forums.anabolex.com/showthread.php?t=60966

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7207421 (post #10)

My understanding is that many use IV drips in a myriad of ways - for infusion of nutrients, as well as for use with aas, gh, hydration, and other things in the BB arsenal. When IV is mentioned, I think a lot of people confuse intravenous injections and IV drip.

Last edited:
luvthetest

luvthetest

Jan 27, 2011
i know your not a community noob TB but dont forget ive been around a while myself bro ;) ....in all those links you posted only 1 post refers to IV drip in dorian...and IV means intravenous wether its a drip or an injection its still in a vain....also there is no useable info in any of those posts bro...you can search high and low theres not a lot out there on IV injections or IV drip when it comes to GH...ive looked...i understand the thinking behind a IV drip but it would be just as big of a PITA as an IV injection and if you think about it ever more so....like i said ive done IV injections using different timing and amounts and like i said its not worth the hassel for the average person.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
i know your not a community noob TB but dont forget ive been around a while myself bro ;) ....in all those links you posted only 1 post refers to IV drip in dorian...and IV means intravenous wether its a drip or an injection its still in a vain....also there is no useable info in any of those posts bro...you can search high and low theres not a lot out there on IV injections or IV drip when it comes to GH...ive looked...i understand the thinking behind a IV drip but it would be just as big of a PITA as an IV injection and if you think about it ever more so....like i said ive done IV injections using different timing and amounts and like i said its not worth the hassel for the average person.

The point wasn't that there are posts all about Dorian specifically, though one of the links as you noted does make mention. And of course the links aren't for providing any specific details. The links are simply to support the fact that the idea of Dorian and other pros who used (and are using) IV drips is not some abstract idea that I conjured up.
There's long been discussion about IV administration.

As for the links you posted, I've looked at some medical studies and noted that intravenous injection is a common route of administration in numerous studies. Here is one (I have to cut and paste for lack of a direct link) that indicated only subQ administration had a stimulating effect on igf, glucose, and insulin. The 3 modes of comparison were a nasal spray, subQ, an IV.

Medical Department M (Diabetes & Endocrinology), Aarhus University Hospital, Kommunehospitalet, Aarhus University, Denmark.

The current mode of growth hormone (GH) replacement therapy is daily subcutaneous (s.c.) injections given in the evening. This schedule is unable to mimic the endogenous pulsatile pattern of GH secretion, which might be of importance for the induction of growth and other GH actions. The present study was conducted in order to study the pharmacokinetics of different doses of GH following intranasal (i.n.) administration and the biological activity of GH after i.n. administration as compared with sc and intravenous (i.v.) delivery. Sixteen GH-deficient patients were studied on five different occasions. On three occasions GH was administered intranasally in doses of 0.05, 0.10 and 0.20 IU/kg, using didecanoyl-L-alpha-phosphatidylcholine as an enhancer. On the other two occasions the patients received an sc injection (0.10 IU/kg) and an i.v. injection (0.015 IU/kg) of GH, respectively. The nasal doses and the sc injection were given in random order in a crossover design. In a double-blinded manner the subjects received the three nasal doses as one puff in each nostril. The patients received no GH treatment between the five studies or during the last week before the start of each study. Intravenous administration produced a short-lived serum GH peak value of 128.12 +/- 6.71 micrograms/l. Peak levels were 13.98 +/- 1.63 micrograms/l after s.c. injection and 3.26 +/- 0.38, 7.07 +/- 0.80 and 8.37 +/- 1.31 micrograms/l, respectively, after the three nasal doses. The peak values of the 0.05 and the 0.20 IU/kg nasal doses were significantly different (p = 0.007). The mean levels obtained by the low nasal dose were significantly lower than those obtained with the medium (p < 0.001) and the high dose (p < 0.001), while there was no significant difference between the medium and the high doses. The absolute bioavailability of GH following s.c. relative to i.v. administration was 49.5%. The bioavailabilities of the nasal doses were: 7.8% (0.05 IU). 8.9% (0.10 IU) and 3.8% (0.20 IU). Serum insulin -like growth factor I (IGF -I) levels increased significantly after s.c. administration only. Mean levels were significantly higher after s.c. administration as compared with the i.v. and all three nasal does (p < 0.001). Serum IGF binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) levels remained unchanged on all five occasions. Mean serum IGFBP-I levels were significantly lower after s.c. GH injection than after administration of the i.v. (p < 0.001) and the three nasal doses (p < 0.005). Subcutaneous GH administration resulted in significantly higher levels of serum insulin and blood glucose (p < 0.001). In conclusion, the bioavailability of nasal GH was low (3.8-8.9%). An i.v. bolus injection of, on average, 1 IU of GH induced no metabolic response. Only s.c. GH administration induced increased levels of IGF -I, insulin and glucose. These data reveal that a closer imitation of the physiological GH pulses than achieved by s.c. GH administration is of limited importance for the induction of a metabolic response to GH.

M

michiganroughneck

Oct 24, 2011
I'm new first time for all this I'm 6'0" just hit 200 from 165 been using sustain plus I'm halfway through my second bottle and I was interested in the effects of hgh but i have no clue how to use it I wanted to stack it with some tren .... Is that good or bad

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm new first time for all this I'm 6'0" just hit 200 from 165 been using sustain plus I'm halfway through my second bottle and I was interested in the effects of hgh but i have no clue how to use it I wanted to stack it with some tren .... Is that good or bad

Welcome to TID bro. GH isn't a great product to use for mass building early on, IMO. The quantity you'd need to use would be extremely expensive (around 5-10IU/day). You'll get much more bang for your buck with test.

mikestrong

mikestrong

Jun 27, 2011
Like to hear more on this as well ?

HgH is one of my favorite products, but I use only about 2iu ED. But also must consider it is high grade product.
mikestrong

mscldrew

mscldrew

Sep 11, 2010
Im not sure of the best way but Im and sub Q both work well for me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic