Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Best sneakers please help

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Looking for a good "running" shoe that will help with my bad ankles and knees. Not doing running but incline walking and other types of cardio. Please help... i have been wearing zig tech for 2 years and need a change

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Best to have you feet and gait analyzed and go from there. That way a shoe could be selected that fits your needs based on how your body is put together and moves.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Best to have you feet and gait analyzed and go from there. That way a shoe could be selected that fits your needs based on how your body is put together and moves.

who do i go to for that? a podiatrist?

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
As an actual running shoe I really like brooks. My ex girlfriends older brother runs and was in last commonwealth games and loves brooks (although wears another brand because he's sponsored by someone else). I have to say though, picking the right shoe for your foot is more important than brand/type. People with wide feet will do better in some shoes while others with flat feet may find certain types incredibly uncomfortable, etc

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
As an actual running shoe I really like brooks. My ex girlfriends older brother runs and was in last commonwealth games and loves brooks (although wears another brand because he's sponsored by someone else). I have to say though, picking the right shoe for your foot is more important than brand/type. People with wide feet will do better in some shoes while others with flat feet may find certain types incredibly uncomfortable, etc

I have a wide foot with a BIG arch

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I have duck feet with a high arch I like new balance

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Each shoe and individual style differs greatly! You just can't go by brand. Although I'm sure quality wise the brands being spoken of are all very good.

The question is are they right for the way that you run? Especially if you are going to be running a lot or training for a race. For moderate runs and frequencies you may be able to get by with going blind and choosing a quality brand.

I do not run, my knees would explode! My wife does so I can ask her if you'd like.

I know that the running stores will do fittings and are trained to do so.

However yes a podiatrist or possibly even a chiropodist would be best....but saying that, they must be one that knows about running to have a better idea about performance.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I would check with Al Bundy....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic