Latest Member
jacobss

Best Pumpkin beer ever!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Southern Tier's Imperial Pumking.

This is the best fall/pumpkin beer (maybe one of the best ever) that you'll try IMO. I can't wait for the fall to purchase another 2 cases like last year...(48 22-oz bottles for those not counting). These things sold hotter than POB hooking in downtown boston....At 6.99est for a 22oz, its worth every penny.

It's best served at 38-40 degrees to allow the aroma to breathe in a tulip pint glass or nonic imperial glass.

The pumpkin taste hits you in the beginning and at the end with a hint of cinammon and caramel but then a hoppy aftertaste reminds you that you're still drinking a beer. At 8.6% alc, it's blended very well and won't fill you up.

For me, I put this beer at the top of the fall chart.

This is a nonic glass for those not aware pictured below:

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Nice man.

I love pumpkin flavored stuff, like cheesecake and etc. I wonder if I would like a pumpkin flavored beer.

Maybe I'll give it a shot !

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
I'm not really a drinker at all, but I do love the fall beers all the micro breweries put out this time of year and will indulge in a few on occasion. I'll take your word and pick up a case this year.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I'm not really a drinker at all, but I do love the fall beers all the micro breweries put out this time of year and will indulge in a few on occasion. I'll take your word and pick up a case this year.

Try it first. Not everyone loves the pumpkin spice...just FYI but I've loved it as soon as I tried it. My #1 top fall beer.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
If I remember correctly there were better pumpkin ales last fall.

Slic.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
If I remember correctly there were better pumpkin ales last fall.

Slic.

In general? I'd agree to that....shipyard had the pumpkinhead with a cinn/sugar rimmed glass that went mainstream, they splintered off an "applehead" with a sugared rim from the tap in the spring too....all in all, the pumpkin beers became much more popular last year than any other year I've seen....the octoberfests were hot for about 8-10 years (and still are) but sales for the pumpkin brews are way up.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
I like natural light. That's just the okie cowboy in me though.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
This year's batch is amazing. I got an early couple of bottles. They should be everywhere that carries them by tomorrow or Monday.

A little more pale than last year which i like but the aroma is comforting and sweet just like a pumpkin pie and then hits you at the end with cinnamon, a hint of caramel and hops (like I said before, reminds you that you're drinking a beer).

5 stars again and 8.6%alc; one was plenty at dinner to take the edge off.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
This year's batch is amazing. I got an early couple of bottles. They should be everywhere that carries them by tomorrow or Monday.

A little more pale than last year which i like but the aroma is comforting and sweet just like a pumpkin pie and then hits you at the end with cinnamon, a hint of caramel and hops (like I said before, reminds you that you're drinking a beer).

5 stars again and 8.6%alc; one was plenty at dinner to take the edge off.

Sweet !

I looked for it last week but I couldn't find it. May have to go check again.

I looked for NEBCO too but didn't see that one either.

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
Natty light pumpkin ale... lmao nah probably not

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Sweet !

I looked for it last week but I couldn't find it. May have to go check again.

I looked for NEBCO too but didn't see that one either.

Wait, you left the house?????

I'll have to look into this more. Not sure how mass produced southern tier brewery is. I'm on my phone now but turbo, I know you have plenty of time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic