Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Best pre-post workout eats/drinks?

G

GoPro

Mar 25, 2013
Was wanting to know what some of the best pre-workout and post workout eats and drinks are. When to eat/drink them and why? Just wanting to optimize my nutrition. And i guess mention that i am bulking now. So are mass gainers good? Or just good ole food?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Was wanting to know what some of the best pre-workout and post workout eats and drinks are. When to eat/drink them and why? Just wanting to optimize my nutrition. And i guess mention that i am bulking now. So are mass gainers good? Or just good ole food?

Pre - White rice and some steak, apples w/ peanut butter are my usual go to types. I'm on a keto diet right now so I'll usually go for either pre-workout bacon or just a protein shake with coconut oil and coffee if I'm in a rush.

Post - On my current keto/carb-backloading diet I go nuts post workout. Burrito's, pies, pizzas, cake you name it. Normally though, I'd try and stick to just eating kinda normally. Pasta, rice or potato and some meat.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Pre workout meal for me is brown rice and chicken and a v8. Post is a universal ultra whey pro shake.

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
PreWorkout Snack - Apple/Banana while driving to the gym

Intra workout drink - scoop protein powder, resveratrol, scoop(s) of creatine/glutamine

PostWorkout Snack - Apple/Banana when i get home from the gym

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic