Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Best Pharmaceutical or Herb for Blunting Appetite – Q&A

O

omegaironman

VIP Member
Apr 21, 2012
apple pectin might work for ya.. from what I understand is that it slows down the digestion of food, which I would reason would help with appetite due to the food you are eating being slower to move outta your stomache and through intestines....
maybe....

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
And tyrosine as mentioned here does not cut appetite either. yes having high dopamine levels can reduce hunger which is why coke and speed users are not hungry when "rolling" but we're talking about much more dopamine to do that than 1 or even 3 grams of tyrosine.

I love the stuff, puts me in a good mood, makes my stims more effective but can't agree with the claim of it being an appetite reducer. Then again, not the first time I disagree with "Mr Fasting' Lyle... or mr "timming of meals does not matter" Lyle...

His statement is not false, He mentioned "Seems to help spare the appetite suppressant effects."
The affects are not usualy profound and it's a biochemical individuality thing with each person on how much tyrosine will help .
Same thing with anti-depressants working better for some than others. However using L-tyrosine will be beneficial with the use of ephedrine.

Increased cerebrocortical stimulation from those increases utilization of various neurotransmitters.
tachyphylaxis is a well known side effect with stimulants (neurotransmitter depletion)

Effecitive appetite suppression requires that the neural transmitters be in balance, specifically ecetylcholine, serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine pathwyas. ( depletion causes depression and anxiety ) Majority of over eating is linked to anxiety and depression
It is important to supplement the bodies ability to synthesize norepinephrine and dopamine, reason it's beneficial to take the corresponding precursor amino acids, such as L-TYROSINE, and L-Phenylalanine. (helps to prevent neural transmitter depletion which leads to secondary depression and anxiety seen with a lot after the cessation of ephedrine or your xanthine compounds.)

the acetylcholine pathway of course is affected to, supplementation of an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor is affective at helping to keep the appetite supressant effects up to with ephedrine.
Good idea to add some of the cholline containing compounds like phosphatidyl choline, choline citrate, DMAE or dimethylaminoethanol,
with the reversible accetylcholinesterase inhibitors which will enhance acetylcholine levels and prevent breakdown in spite of chornic stimulant use.
Huperzine A, a derviate of chinese moss, is a good acetylcholinesterase inhbitor, second would be physotigmine or pyrodostigmine.

Not saying it will boost the appetite suppressant affects noticeabley, however it can help to sustain length and time of the appetite depressant effcts along with reducing anxiety, depression and nerveousness.

Big Cat

Big Cat

RIP
Dec 11, 2011
I recently started using a supp containing Geranamine, the ephedra substitute PA introduced a few years back. Although I find the lipolytic effect to be sub-par to ephedrine, I have to say I was surprised that it maintained appetite suppression without needing to increase dose where ephedrine usually stopped affecting hunger after 3 weeks. I personally still prefer ephedrine, as I can deal with hunger, but this is definitely worth considering if appetite suppression is more important to you.

I can't comment on stimulant effects/anxiety/trouble sleeping, as I can fall asleep while having excess levels of any stimulant.

newNimproved

newNimproved

May 30, 2012
ephedra extract and DIM for me.........i switch them on and off

Improving

Improving

Dec 10, 2013
Meridia works wonders for me. It's been a while since I've seen it around tho

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Meridia works wonders for me. It's been a while since I've seen it around tho

I agree Meridia is excellent for not wanting to eat, I was on citalopram and that worked as well...lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic