Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Best Pharmaceutical or Herb for Blunting Appetite – Q&A

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Best Pharmaceutical or Herb for Blunting Appetite – Q&A

Q: Love your articles…keep up the great work! What is most efficient pharmaceutical/herb for blunting appetite?

Lyle McDonald: Well, assuming you’re not talking about prescription types of drugs, I still have to say that the good old ephedrine/caffeine stack is one of the best appetite suppressants. In fact, early studies suggested that a majority (75% as I recall) of its effects were mediated via appetite suppression. I’d note that the appetite effects do wear off with time (although the thermogenic effects do not); adding the amino acid L-tyrosine (1 gram or so) seems to ‘re-activate’ the appetite suppressant effects. The old Dexatrim, which had pseudoephedrine HCL in it, was an excellent non-stimulant appetite suppressant. Good because it could be taken at night without keeping folks awake. Unfortunately, it seems to have gone the way of the dodo and I haven’t seen it in forever (the new Dexatrim package is a combination of crap and more crap). Some folks have experienced effects from the herb hoodia gordonii. Hoodia is a herb from a flowing plant that may trick the brain into thinking that you’re fed. I’ve also heard that there is some problem with getting accurately dosed products. Synephrine is another one that helps some people. As an alpha-1 agonist, it increases leptin uptake into the brain and I suspect this is the mechanism behind its appetite blunting effects. Enova oil (a specialized diglyceride that is even available at Walmart of all places) has been shown to help with appetite. Unlike normal fatty acids, Enova goes to the liver (similar to medium chain triglycerides or MCT’s) and probably sends a ‘fullness’ signal to the brain. Studies have shown that Enova also slightly increases fat loss on a diet (you might get an extra 0.2 lbs/week fat loss). Lest we forget, good old soluble fiber (in the form of guar gum or glucomannan) can be helpful. It not only slows digestion but also ‘gels’ in the stomach sending a feeling of fullness. I’m sure there are others I’ve forgotten but the above represents most of what I’m familiar with or have used myself.

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
I'm not a big fan of stimulants. Pseudoephedrine HCL is Sudafed. I disagree that you can sleep after taking it at night. That shit (and all stims) give me anxiety and make me irritable. If you truly want something natural to keep your appetite at bay, try putting some glucomannan powder in your shake or some psyllium. That will fill your belly and be truly non-stimulating.

emilioangel

emilioangel

Mar 13, 2012
i have problem hungry with pepetides
i proves your council
thanks shine and sja

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I have yet to find something to stop my ridiculous appetite other than phentermine and that is of course almost impossible to get, crazy!

I wish I could find something that did work. I need all the help I can get even if I am eating good foods I can't stop eating.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Phentermine but I sware that shit eats muscle up even when you add extra protein.

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
Got one that goes the other way? I would love to be hungry again. I hate food lately.

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
I have yet to find something to stop my ridiculous appetite other than phentermine and that is of course almost impossible to get, crazy!

I wish I could find something that did work. I need all the help I can get even if I am eating good foods I can't stop eating.

I hear you oldman.....what do you crave? I have a series of food products in my arsenal which make it easy to eat all day and not really take in too many calories. So what is your food passion? :D

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Got one that goes the other way? I would love to be hungry again. I hate food lately.

piractim (sp?) will do it for you. I hear it can make you tired but hungry as a horse.

K

-KB-

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2010

I feel your pain. It's all or none for me when it comes to eating.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
piractim (sp?) will do it for you. I hear it can make you tired but hungry as a horse.

did you mean piracetam? If so, I have not heard or experienced hunger from that stuff. Useless nootropic. The first few doses, you see colors different and brighter but that's about it.

And tyrosine as mentioned here does not cut appetite either. yes having high dopamine levels can reduce hunger which is why coke and speed users are not hungry when "rolling" but we're talking about much more dopamine to do that than 1 or even 3 grams of tyrosine.

I love the stuff, puts me in a good mood, makes my stims more effective but can't agree with the claim of it being an appetite reducer. Then again, not the first time I disagree with "Mr Fasting' Lyle... or mr "timming of meals does not matter" Lyle...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic