Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Belts

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Recently the topic of lifting belts came up with me. Let me first say that there's not much that falls into the norm with me when it comes to PL or BB. This is the belt style I have used for 35 years. I squatted and DLed a respectable amount with type of belt, even used the single home style.

Most guys love their 10-13mm lever belts but they never felt right for me, just too stiff. I had a guy come up to me at a meet and comment on the belt and my squat. He said, "My dad whacked me with a belt bigger than the one you squat with. Point is, you need to do what's best for you and not just go with what everyone else is doing.

Attachments

• 20190824_090630_resized.jpg
    20190824_090630_resized.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 307
A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
I have a couple of those lifting belts that are 4" across in the back then taper in the front. I use them for a lot of the movements I do in my workout, but when it comes time to squat I break out one of my power belts. I have a13mm Inzer Forever lever belt and a 13mm single prong belt that I got from EFS. I find myself using the lever belt more often than the single prong but I really like both belts. With the lever belt I keep a screw driver with it so I can make adjustments to the position of the lever for those days when I'm bloated or have mysteriously lost or gained weight. With the single prong I carry a length of 550 cord that I've tied into a loop and a carbineer. I wrap the 550 cord around the upright of a power rack and then thread it through the eyelet on the end of the belt then clip on the carabineer to keep the cord from pulling back through. This allows me to push against the rack and gain leverage when putting on or removing the belt.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I had 5 belts that I recently found good homes for. ive settled on a floppy 1 prong belt for comfort and ease of use.

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
I am in the process of looking for a belt but I won’t buy anything not ipf approved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I have a couple of those lifting belts that are 4" across in the back then taper in the front . . .

Back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and powerlifting was just catching on as an organized sport in the 1960s, the term "Lifter" referred to Olympic Lifting. Lifters in OL did not feel the need for support in the front, so today's belts were not sold anywhere, just the 2" in the front and wider in the back. Four inches was the maximum allowed for competition, but there were some 6" or so backs for gym use only for people who just felt more is better in the gym. It wasn't till PL eclipsed OL in popularity that a lucrative market developed for the 4" all around belt. Before this, early PL lifters got inventive and some turned the 2"/4" belts around if they preferred front support. They needed a partner to buckle that for them, but there were no rules against it ;)

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
10mm Inzer single prong. If i didnt have that, id get a bobs belts 10mm s.p. guys I traing with have 10mm s.p. from Mark Bell, they seem like good belts also.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
10mm Inzer single prong. If i didnt have that, id get a bobs belts 10mm s.p. guys I traing with have 10mm s.p. from Mark Bell, they seem like good belts also.

I bought my wife a belt from Bob's...it's a real nice belt with her name engraved on it. I got an Inzer like you, but thought about Bob's for myself, as well as Cardillo belts.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic