Joannafit
What's New?

Begining treatment to rehabilitate my Knees

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
check out mobilitywod.com and search around through the free vids

HH bro it's been a minute. How the hell are you?

I have been hitting that site a ton and will prolly skip his book and just do a web membership for a while. I hate to read books anyways.

I've been rolling deep every night and started my journey toward a 10 min squat. I can only make it about 1:15 lol. But this explains a lot of my trouble with squats and deads. My flexibility is crap. I'm gonna hit this aggressive and get it right this time.

I'm also taking my oldest daughter on this mobility journey too. She has horrible shin splints and has lower back strains frequently. Testes her mobility tonight and it's worse by far than mine. She's a volleyball player and I've done a shit job of teaching her flexibility, prehab and rehab. That changes now.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
His book isn't something you sit down and read. It's more of a reference guide and worth purchasing.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
His book isn't something you sit down and read. It's more of a reference guide and worth purchasing.

OK thanks. I just hate when I buy a book and the first 200 pages are the theory and the how he came up with and all that stuff and the meat and potatoes are either missing or not very implicit. I can deal with a reference guide for sure.

Z

zedhed

Oct 4, 2010
BRO there are a lot of us out here with similar issues. Please keep this going and put in all the details. Thank you so much for starting it.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
After a few weeks of flossing and rolling everyday and using several other supple leopard techniques, I felt really good. Felt good enough to squat for the first time in months.

First squat session went great. I didn't get too aggressive. With the supple leopard stuff I am now comfortable in a true ass to grass squat position. So my training routine right now is focused on negatives and drop sets. This squat session was performed with a 5-6 second down and 2 second up. I did wrap my knees for this but left the patella open since that is where the pain is coming from.

First set 225 x 12 ass as low as I could go and control the weight, I was definitely below parallel.
Second, Dropped weight got back in and did 185 x 10 ass in the grass now. I was low and it felt good
Third, dropped to 135 x 12 no rest between these sets and went ass to the ground again.
Finished off with 10 air squats (I mean I do weigh almost 250)

Everything felt great. I had flossed the knees before lifting and it really seamed to work well. I was very sore the next few days. In fact so sore I couldn't do the routine again as prescribed.

4 days after though, knees are on fire again. Of course while sore I didn't roll or floss like I was before. Now I'm back to them aching. Looks like this is a ritual i have to get used to for the long haul.

Chiro is gonna try a new technique on me tomorrow. We'll see if that has any merit. I forget what it's called but he said its like ART on steroids.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Technique was called AMIT and I gotta say it really helped me. Did same squat routine as above yesterday and knees don't feel destroyed. Gonna do the AMIT a few times. Seems by the tests my vastus medialis was not firing. Its plenty strong, just needs to turn on. That's the theory anyways. Still working on it. So far that has show the most improvement.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Yep sounds like CMP for sure BUT ILB release ALONE has NOT been shown to correct the dys-FUNCTIONAL "Q" angle, in the majority of patients.

Two means of correction are needed in most patients. They include ITB release, (yet using forces significant enough to cause abrasive dermal INJURY is UTTER NONSENSE, PERIOD) using a foam roller of varied hardness, AND VASATUS MEDIUS strengthening.

The latter is readily accomplished using isometric medial quad exercises which is SLOWLY advanced to a leg extension machine. If it HURTS the weight being used is to HEAVY!

jim

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Yep sounds like CMP for sure BUT ILB release ALONE has NOT been shown to correct the dys-FUNCTIONAL "Q" angle, in the majority of patients.

Two means of correction are needed in most patients. They include ITB release, (yet using forces significant enough to cause abrasive dermal INJURY is UTTER NONSENSE, PERIOD) using a foam roller of varied hardness, AND VASATUS MEDIUS strengthening.

The latter is readily accomplished using isometric medial quad exercises which is SLOWLY advanced to a leg extension machine. If it HURTS the weight being used is to HEAVY!

jim

Thank you.

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
Rockshawn, Louie Simmons has a great article on his Website about squatting 600lbs (~273 kilos).

And the secret? BOX SQUATS my friend.

Now that you are squatting again, give the box squats a try.

I went through something with my knees (sparring) and I thought that I would never squat again. And box squats saved me. (No joke because I love to powerlift and squatting is essential to me.)

Again give the box squats a try.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic