Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Been a while since I posted any pics....still at it. This time getting skinny!

flex001

flex001

May 15, 2013
Damn bro I'm jealous of those quads! Awesome vascularity.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Man those wheels are on fire! Great fuggin work, vascular is sick

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Looking great.thats what bb is all about muscle and how polished it is.not how much you weight but how you look when the shirt comes off.keep it up and as for the heavy lifting cut it back no need to be lifting heavy after your 40s.train smarter cycle smarter and you will keep progressing without tearing your body apart.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. This site is great as you get some real feedback from guys who have been at it a while. Being that I mostly workout at home alone, it is nice to get that.

My goals are always a balance between pursuing strength and developing a physique. I have never been able to pick only one. Fortunately for me the heavy lifting has done a lot to help in the physique dept for me. The aches and pains and possibility of injury do concern me, but it is very hard not to continue to try to lift heavier. (As a competitive athlete most of my life).

I do not see getting much bigger, as I am not interested in what would be necessary to do that at this point in my life. I am on TRT (due to a head trauma that screwed up my test levels a few years back), and have thrown a few bumps in there, but nothing crazy. I have however been able to put on about 7lbs more mass in the last 2 years then I could hold 'natural'. Pretty happy with where I am. I also appreciate this board and its members for help in many ways.

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
You look great brother, I would have never guessed your in your 40's, that's even more impressive. You look like a pitbull, short and muscular! rt...

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
You look great brother, I would have never guessed your in your 40's, that's even more impressive. You look like a pitbull, short and muscular! rt...

Thanks man. 40's are not so bad. Actually, it really is the best. Lots of things to enjoy. Just had to find a way to get back in the gym. Like a lot of guys, I killed the gym in my 20's and then 'life' happened.

Good news is muscle memory is very real. Only 4 years back at it and surpassed anything I did in my 20's. Just a lot smarter now. A LOT less drinking probably helps too :). Really, discovering how to eat properly makes the single biggest difference I can think of. Especially if you control your overall cals. For me it is like setting cruise control. You pick your goal and set your cals where they should be and it just takes you there MUCH more directly.

Thanks again guys. (and gals ;) )

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
mac, I'm 40 as well, and I don't look near as good as you! I'm quite a bit taller than you, standing at 6'4" and no I'm not taking anything away from your physique; but even when I was on the sauce 10 years ago, I was not, and am not, in the same ballpark as you. Your forearms and quads are really what impresses me! Whatever your doing, it is definitely working for you! rt...

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
A little late to this thread but you have thickness bro. Nice friggin job.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
A little late to this thread but you have thickness bro. Nice friggin job.

Ha...this was a blast from the past! That was way back in Feb when I leaned out fairly well. I am at the opposite end of the spectrum now. I figured I would try to up the cals this winter and see if I could hope to put on some more mass. I am tipping the scale at 220 right now and going to continue until the end of the year. Man, I forgot how tough it is to eat surplus daily. It is a full time job just trying to get all the food in.

I am planning on leaning out to the leanest I have ever been in spring. Not contest shape, but 8% range (if I am up for the sacrifices). Staying 10-12% is easy for me. It takes a lot more work for me to drop below that. I am not and have never been a naturally lean person.

Only a few more weeks of eating to go.... Been the best thing for my legs ever. This is about a 8 month difference. Right pic is current. Not exactly my leanest! :D

LEGS_zps07c912a0.jpg

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Nice frigging wheels Man! Like you said, lean out in march and eat like a bear now!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Nice work man.

You can see the size gain.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Wheels are stellar as I said before but those calves really shine. I can't even see the back of em and they are shining like that. Ver proportionate, nice work bro!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic