Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Beating NFL, MLB, NBA drug testing?

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Recently, Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers failed a drug test that checks for test/epitest ratio. A ratio of 4 to 1 or higher is considered to be a failling test. Reports indicate that his levels were higher than any other failed test in history. His lawyers continue to claim that this is a mix up and he is innocent. But, in light of a recent interview with Victor Conte (founder of Balco and supposed supplier of steroids to Barry Bonds) may shed some light on the situation. Here is a part of the article that I found interesting:

Baseball players – along with other athletes – are loading up on synthetic testosterone (and perhaps HGH) at night, when the body is repairing itself between games and workouts. The testosterone is administered through patches, gels, creams or orals. By the following afternoon, when that player is vulnerable to MLB testing, the ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone is beneath the 4-to-1 ratio that triggers a positive test.

“It’s a loophole,” Conte said, “you could drive a Mack truck through.”

For what it’s worth, Conte believes designer steroids – the Clear, for one – are no longer a danger to professional sports. But, the fast-acting testosterone treatments, he said, leave a person’s system within hours, after aiding him in muscle recovery, and so they are undetectable through the most common forms of testing. They also are easily obtainable and often administered as simply as through a patch.

Here is the link to the full article for anyone interested in reading it...

Testing loophole may leave door open for doping - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
That's pretty interesting and if true, and well-known, I'm sure that it's still rampant in football and baseball.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
That's pretty interesting and if true, and well-known, I'm sure that it's still rampant in football and baseball.

I think it's worth noting that Conte mentions in the interview that the use of "ratio" tests will never fully clean up the game. He advocates carbon testing (used by WADA) to determine if the test in the system is exogenous. The ratio could be less than 4 to 1 at the time of testing, but if the results show that it is synthetic testosterone (exogenous) then there is no denying that that player took something.

When Barry Bonds took steroids he never failed a test for two reasons. First, he used one product in small quantities that is very similar to Methyltrienolone. The dosage is so small that it can go virtually endetected and is in and out of yoru system fairly quickly. The other thing he did that enabled him to use transdermal testosterone was take a separate drug that raised his levels of epitestosterone, effectively bringing down the ratio. This Victor Conte guy definitely knew what he was doing. Imagine if they legalized AAS what great, safe products could be made by these chemists.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
I've heard the secret is non estered aas,test suspension and such

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I've heard the secret is non estered aas,test suspension and such

yes, that is what seems to make the most sense. Something that is released almost immediately into the system and leaves within a few hours. It's not the best way to do it, but it's the only way they can with the random drug testing. HGH testing has still not been implemented at the major league level and I'm not too sure on how accurate that will be either. That is also something that is in and out of your system pretty quickly. And it doesn't even begin to talk about peptides and if their use will be detectable. The drug of the future for pro sports will undoubtedly be Follistatin or something similar. The problem is that no one knows if they have ever actually taken real follistatin and there haven't been any long term studies on the drug as far as I can tell.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic