Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Be straight with your Doc

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Its not about being denied treatment its about being denied claims as mike said.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Insurance plans offer coverage for substance abuse treatment. At least mine does. If you avail yourself of these services they don't deny future claims. Never seen or heard of this happening.

I was clear with my doc about it since a week into my first cycle. So when the time came for trt he didn't blink because he knows I am not hiding anything from him. Seemed like the respectful thing to do.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
My Doc is an old buddy from childhood. He tells me all sorts of things "off the record" about many things - including some he probably shouldn't. :D

Trust is hard to find these days. I try to find it where I can, and always make sure I keep it on my end.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Well, being straight with my Dr. saved my life.....had he not sent me for a heart scan to make sure all was well...I would never have known I had lung cancer....:)

Well I'm glad you did Jen, really happy you're tough and still kicking ..Don't know what I would do without The Machine's avi's...:p

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Coacaine, Heroin, etc are illegal also but they are not denied treatment. Alcoholics have insurance..what's your point? You guys are living under a false impression

It not about denying emergency medical care. Everyone gets that by law. Its not about how "cool" your doctor is either. Its about insurers knowing your business, Dr-Patient privacy doesn't exist anymore he/she isn't your lawyer and if it goes in your EMR (electronic medical record) its accessible by many entities you'd rather not know about illegal activities. Feel free to roll the dice but anyone who values personal privacy should NOT be sharing your drug habits with your doctor.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
As for drug abuse in emergencies, we will do a Urine Drug screen on anyone with suspicion of abuse. This screen is not Chain of Custody and has no legal value but it can help us treat you if drugs in your system are causing or exacerbating your issue. Even this "non-legal" drug test carries forward into your record and is easily viewed at any other visit to the ED. Rest assured seeing illicit substances in a previous Drug screen impacts the Dr.'s decision making process about care you receive the next time you use that hospital.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
It's not the doctor you have to worry about. It's your Medical record which your insurer can access. They will most certainly start looking to deny paying claims when they discover you are abusing steroids. Don't tell them about your use. There is no reversal agent for testosterone or any other AAS so knowing your on isn't going to change anything in an emergency. If you need life saving surgery and can't talk...they're going to do it anyway. Even if they knew every single drug in your system.

Mike, this was a concern of mine also...of course...I'm extremely lucky that my GP is also a hormone Dr. and he doesn't put shit in my records when I ask him not to :)

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Agreed 100%. Does anyone really think they're not going to know anyway??]

Plus it will help clear up things that may raise a red flag with blood work and/or conditions you may be experiencing and they can better make an educated assessment for you.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
It not about denying emergency medical care. Everyone gets that by law. Its not about how "cool" your doctor is either. Its about insurers knowing your business, Dr-Patient privacy doesn't exist anymore he/she isn't your lawyer and if it goes in your EMR (electronic medical record) its accessible by many entities you'd rather not know about illegal activities. Feel free to roll the dice but anyone who values personal privacy should NOT be sharing your drug habits with your doctor.

If I can't talk openly and trust my Doc not to put shit in my records , he's fired. Every Doc I've talked to hates the new system and all talk to me off th record and only put down what he's treating me for.

example : His BP is high , I'm prescribing -Atenolol.
He's not going to write 'This patient is injecting 500mg's of Test and a handful of dbol every day so his BP is sky high, I'm prescribing atenolol to bring it down''.

If you're Doc is like that WHY would anyone stay with him, dood's a dick.
My Doc is exactly like Jenner's,

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic