Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Be straight with your Doc

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
The one thing I would say . Be open and straight with your Doc on what you are doing. He may not agree with your lifestyle and give you a stern look and talk but it's pretty important he knows what you're on in case of a emergency in your life. Many think it may be a legal issue but that's false, if you're worried about it being on the record tell him to keep it off. If he doesn't he's a dick , find a new one.
Believe me when I say it's important they know what you're ingesting\injecting if you have a emergency, you may not be able to communicate with them on your own....

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
**** being straight with my doc. I am going full blown gay on dat ass.

And also, **** being straight with my doc. He would give me shit and who knows what else. He's a great doc, but I dont see him for his personal opinions on my life decisions. He would never understand.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
It's not the doctor you have to worry about. It's your Medical record which your insurer can access. They will most certainly start looking to deny paying claims when they discover you are abusing steroids. Don't tell them about your use. There is no reversal agent for testosterone or any other AAS so knowing your on isn't going to change anything in an emergency. If you need life saving surgery and can't talk...they're going to do it anyway. Even if they knew every single drug in your system.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
At this point in time I've decided to not tell my doc about my AAS usage. He might suspect, but there is nothing in my permanent medical file. If I get to a point in time where we can speak freely and off the record, and I honest believe it will stay out of the medical file, then perhaps I'll let him know. My wife knows what I'm on so if for some reason they needed to know they could find out that way.

And with medical records going electronic, don't expect them to stay private. They will soon be a target for hackers. In fact, I can imagine a time where advertisers would be allowed paid access to them so they could advertise medications to you based on your condition. I know that's shocking, but I trust no one in that area.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
My doc has referred me to a uro which is how i get my HRT. He knows I use other things but I have never told him exactly what I take. His response is it is his job to keep me healthy. So he does what he can.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
The one thing I would say . Be open and straight with your Doc on what you are doing. He may not agree with your lifestyle and give you a stern look and talk but it's pretty important he knows what you're on in case of a emergency in your life. Many think it may be a legal issue but that's false, if you're worried about it being on the record tell him to keep it off. If he doesn't he's a dick , find a new one.
Believe me when I say it's important they know what you're ingesting\injecting if you have a emergency, you may not be able to communicate with them on your own....

Did something happen to you to have this outlook?.....i noticed you havent been posting as much as usual

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I am honest with my doc as well. I could care less what an insurance company says, they are all greedy and will do anything to deny a claim....

O

oldnslow

Jun 6, 2013
I am honest with my doc as well. I could care less what an insurance company says, they are all greedy and will do anything to deny a claim....

I tell them nothing. You will care if you have to have an expensive procedure and they dig into your records and deny your claims because of your AAS use.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
**** being straight with my doc. I am going full blown gay on dat ass.

And also, **** being straight with my doc. He would give me shit and who knows what else. He's a great doc, but I dont see him for his personal opinions on my life decisions. He would never understand.

Like you said it's his job to keep you healthy not to understand your lifestyle. Look at it this way, he's trying to treat and keep you healthy , you're doing something that's causing levels\issues to arise. You have him chasing his tail and we're using our ''collective knowledge'' to counter his findings...I spell that cluster****! lol ..

Besides shortz, you ain't fooling me you stay with your Doc for his Kilbasa sized fingers!!

It's not the doctor you have to worry about. It's your Medical record which your insurer can access. They will most certainly start looking to deny paying claims when they discover you are abusing steroids. Don't tell them about your use. There is no reversal agent for testosterone or any other AAS so knowing your on isn't going to change anything in an emergency. If you need life saving surgery and can't talk...they're going to do it anyway. Even if they knew every single drug in your system.

Testosterone isn't illegal , I had a script for years didn't effect any insurances. When I had issues it and others it didn't matter either. You're in the med field, you know when people try to hide things it shows, that time they're wasting could cost you your life. Besides , if he won't talk to you off the record, find another Doc, he's obviously a asshole and not a good doctor

Last edited:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I tell them nothing. You will care if you have to have an expensive procedure and they dig into your records and deny your claims because of your AAS use.

They cannot and will not deny you life threatening procedures. If this were the case crakheads, drunks meth freaks would be filling the morgues

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
I agree with mike 100%. Test may be legal for you but not me. And the dozens of other compounds we all use arent legal either for ANYONE. Unless youre only referring to test in your op then its a moot point since he prescribes test they know youre using it. The problem with trying to keep things off the record is that you never know what they put on there.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I agree with mike 100%. Test may be legal for you but not me. And the dozens of other compounds we all use arent legal either for ANYONE. Unless youre only referring to test in your op then its a moot point since he prescribes test they know youre using it. The problem with trying to keep things off the record is that you never know what they put on there.

Coacaine, Heroin, etc are illegal also but they are not denied treatment. Alcoholics have insurance..what's your point? You guys are living under a false impression

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic