Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit

Baby girl murdering it!

grayclaws

grayclaws

Aug 23, 2011
Last year my daughter did her first show at 15. Won teen figure and 2nd open class figure qualifying for nationals. She wanted to go, but told her no. Today she is compeating in her second show and she asked to do bikini class atthe south Texas classic. Absolutly murders people on stage. Took 1st by a long shot. Showed pose and structure of a season vet. Couldn't be proud. Now here's my concern. Do I take her to nationals and let her try for a pro card. The way I see it, through good practice and repot ion, at this rate there's no reason to think she can't get her pro card by the time she hits 20, or even before finishing highschool. Thoughts? Hard to see your little girl follow in your bodybuilding foot steps and excel so well, she has deffinetly grown up.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
That's awesome. Support her dreams bro.

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
Congrats on your baby girl's win and if you feel comfortable with it why not give her the support. While 15 sounds quite young for a pro card, if she has the maturity she should go for it

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
really very cool....as a dad VERY COOL

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
Go girl...
I can't see why she shouldnt compete on the next level.Look at how young the girls are that win the olympic gymnastics..
Im sure it must make you and her both happy when she gets out there. Happiness is the greatest thing you can achieve, don't let negative people take that away from you :).
Why are you asking strangers for their opinion anyway?
Just get out there already

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
My only caveat on particularly bikini competition is the sex-aspect of it. As a veteran bodybuilding competitor, it gags me to hear cat calls from the audience when I see Bikini Shows. I've walked out of shows before because of it. It sets women's progress in physique back 40 years to hear that shit, reducing it to a wet t-shirt contest during spring break.. I've also seen a number of bikini competitors who have completely bought into the 'sex sells" thing and some of the posing makes me want to start throwing $20 bills on stage and wonder why there isn't a pole on stage.

That said, as the mentor to a young competitor in this particularly sex-oriented category, I would continue to encourage her to focus on the "quality competitor" aspect of it, leveraging good presentation vs provocative presentation. It can be a fine line between physique show & TnA. Where there have been younger competitors, the "young TnA" aspect can be particularly provocative. Just sayin. Its the nature of the competition - individual competitors may be involved as truly good-athlete-great-competitor entrants, but you cannot remove the sex-oriented aspects of those involved and around these competitions. Very important that your daughter not get caught up in that. I personally don't feel women at the very least, younger than 16 need to be on stage in bikini competitions.

Also relative to Nationals, as you are probably aware, there's a HYUGE jump between winning a local show vs a national show. Shitloads of local competitors qualify for nationals, but get there and get their asses handed to them. For the money & time, my personal recommendation would be to get more competitions under her belt, both from a maturity level as well as from an experience level, and maybe do one of the Jr level national shows like Jr USAs in the early summer next year, if any.

Cyber2Knight

Cyber2Knight

Aug 20, 2012
Last year my daughter did her first show at 15. Won teen figure and 2nd open class figure qualifying for nationals. She wanted to go, but told her no. Today she is compeating in her second show and she asked to do bikini class atthe south Texas classic. Absolutly murders people on stage. Took 1st by a long shot. Showed pose and structure of a season vet. Couldn't be proud. Now here's my concern. Do I take her to nationals and let her try for a pro card. The way I see it, through good practice and repot ion, at this rate there's no reason to think she can't get her pro card by the time she hits 20, or even before finishing highschool. Thoughts? Hard to see your little girl follow in your bodybuilding foot steps and excel so well, she has deffinetly grown up.

Hi!

Fantastic performance from her - you must be very proud. :) What does she say about taking it to the next level? Why are you not sure if she should purser her pro card, are you concerned that the commitment may interfere with other important things?

C2K

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Very cool, congrats Dad !!

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
My only caveat on particularly bikini competition is the sex-aspect of it. As a veteran bodybuilding competitor, it gags me to hear cat calls from the audience when I see Bikini Shows. I've walked out of shows before because of it. It sets women's progress in physique back 40 years to hear that shit, reducing it to a wet t-shirt contest during spring break.. I've also seen a number of bikini competitors who have completely bought into the 'sex sells" thing and some of the posing makes me want to start throwing $20 bills on stage and wonder why there isn't a pole on stage.

That said, as the mentor to a young competitor in this particularly sex-oriented category, I would continue to encourage her to focus on the "quality competitor" aspect of it, leveraging good presentation vs provocative presentation. It can be a fine line between physique show & TnA. Where there have been younger competitors, the "young TnA" aspect can be particularly provocative. Just sayin. Its the nature of the competition - individual competitors may be involved as truly good-athlete-great-competitor entrants, but you cannot remove the sex-oriented aspects of those involved and around these competitions. Very important that your daughter not get caught up in that. I personally don't feel women at the very least, younger than 16 need to be on stage in bikini competitions.

Also relative to Nationals, as you are probably aware, there's a HYUGE jump between winning a local show vs a national show. Shitloads of local competitors qualify for nationals, but get there and get their asses handed to them. For the money & time, my personal recommendation would be to get more competitions under her belt, both from a maturity level as well as from an experience level, and maybe do one of the Jr level national shows like Jr USAs in the early summer next year, if any.

^ agree this sport can be very addicting. dont let it take away from her school work. She should be thinking about what she wants to do after high school. being a fitness model and competitor is not a good career little money in it. I would also be worried about school and how others "boys" would view her. Nationals are no joke take her to one and see. i cant see a 15 year old having a mature enough body to compete with them. Its sad to say but implants are also important in bikini. and at 15 i hope does not have them. congrats on the wins :)

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
First of all congrats, you'd be the envy of many fathers here... you have to be proud.

Personally, I wouldn't let my daughter do it. I'm a bit weird but my view wouldn't be based on my daughter or what she was capable of, but moreso based on a massive distrust of society. There are TOO many weirdo's & freaks out there. Think about how much 'jailbate' took off on the internet... I just couldn't subject my daughter to be in a position where those kinds of people could be near her. It makes me think of this thread too, http://www.theironden.com/threads/5...e-a-lot-of-guys-go-to-hell-for-their-thoughts!

Sorry I don't share your views bro, its really good of her for what she's done and I wish you two all the best down whatever path is chosen

grayclaws

grayclaws

Aug 23, 2011
Well we competed at the texans state, a show she nationally qualified in figure a year ago. Judging was perturbing. She beat the three girls in the teen division, the. They pulled them offstage and reintroduced them stage right to left in the tall group D where she didn't even recieve first call out. Infact, the girl she beat even 20 minutes earlier received first call out and won 2nd place. As a competitor, I couldn't explain this, as a father I was crushed cause she felt she let me down and is missing out on the Opertjnity for us to go to nationals together next year. I just explained to her to use this as a point of motivation in her training. Next year we plan on doing the first NQ of the year and bypassing the teen division all together and just focus on the open, with any luch we may still hit the jr USA's and North Americans together.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic