Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Baby girl murdering it!

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
Sorry to hear the judging was suspect. Hard enough to lose something honest. At least she has a you to be there with her as a fellow competitor. I sure you are more help than most fathers would be in the same situation.

Best of luck on the open!!

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Well we competed at the texans state, a show she nationally qualified in figure a year ago. Judging was perturbing. She beat the three girls in the teen division, the. They pulled them offstage and reintroduced them stage right to left in the tall group D where she didn't even recieve first call out. Infact, the girl she beat even 20 minutes earlier received first call out and won 2nd place. As a competitor, I couldn't explain this, as a father I was crushed cause she felt she let me down and is missing out on the Opertjnity for us to go to nationals together next year. I just explained to her to use this as a point of motivation in her training. Next year we plan on doing the first NQ of the year and bypassing the teen division all together and just focus on the open, with any luch we may still hit the jr USA's and North Americans together.

FWIW, this is something that is consistently inconsistent, especially for the women, in this sport. A part of exhibiting good sportsmanship and being a top notch competitor, is always remembering that you are always competing w/ yourself first and foremost. There is no objective judging and if you really step back and look at what this is all about - who showed up w/ the 'most acceptable" presentation that day. No more, no less. It may be your day, it may not. But its still just a stop along the way of the journey we call the "fitness lifestyle". And that's about it. Best of luck in the future, but it is beyond critical to set your expectations no higher than on yourself. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic