Latest Member
Blackenalma
What's New?

B-6...does it help lower prolactin levels

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
The title says it...has anyone heard if B-6 supplementation helps to lower prolactin levels...? :confused:

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Not just plain 'ol B6, there is a coenzyme called P-5-P. That at 300mg a day is what I have read to reduce prolactin. Haven't tried it, I just use a low dose of Prami. IF I found a reliable person to verify that it can be used to reduce prolactin, I would definately try it. P5P is much cheaper than Prami.

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
The title says it...has anyone heard if B-6 supplementation helps to lower prolactin levels...? :confused:

This is my understanding. somewhere between 200-400mg a day. I was unaware of any special type though...

I believe Mucuna Pruriens (15%-20% L-Dopa) 4-6g/day is also suppose to help

Deacon

Deacon

Old School Meso Vet
Oct 29, 2010
about 400 mgs of B6 a day will do some good for prolactin issues - some say as good as caber does - I use alot of B6 for joint pain and it works for that also

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
THanks guys...this is great to know. I'm suprised it's not talked about more...

Deacon

Deacon

Old School Meso Vet
Oct 29, 2010
the gurus dont talk about it because its not cool and exotic like some other stuff - and there are not pages of studies to post and argue over

angelo212

angelo212

Sep 22, 2010
P-5-P is really talked about alot on the prohormone forums. A simple google search will show you it's popularity for prolactin and there are numerous studies. Here's a few. BJ Clin Endocrinol Metab 1976 Mar;42(3):603-6

Effect of pyridoxine on human hypophyseal trophic hormone release: a possible stimulation of hypothalamic dopaminergic pathway.

Delitala G, Masala A, Alagna S, Devilla L.

A single dose of pyridoxine (300 mg iv) produced significant rises in peak levels of immunoreactive growth hormone GH and significant decrease of plasma prolactin PRL in 8 hospitalized healthy subjects. Serum glucose, luteinizing hormone LH, follicle stimulating hormone FSH and thyrotropin TSH were not altered significantly. In addition, in 5 acromegalic patients who were studied with both L-dopa and pyridoxine, inhibition of GH secretion followed either agent in a similar pattern. These data suggest a hypothalamic dopaminergic effect of pyridoxine.

===============================
N Engl J Med 1982 Aug 12;307(7):444-5

Pyridoxine (B6) suppresses the rise in prolactin and increases the rise in growth hormone induced by exercise.

Moretti C, Fabbri A, Gnessi L, Bonifacio V, Fraioli F, Isidori A.

=====================================
Boll Soc Ital Biol Sper 1984 Feb 28;60(2):273-8

[Influence of administration of pyridoxine on circadian rhythm of plasma ACTH, cortisol prolactin and somatotropin in normal subjects]

[Article in Italian]

Barletta C, Sellini M, Bartoli A, Bigi C, Buzzetti R, Giovannini C.

The influence of vitamin B6 in a dosage of 300 mg X 2 in 24 hrs, on circadian rhythm of plasmatic ACTH, cortisol, prolactin and somatotropin have been studied in 10 normal women. After vitamin B6 24 hrs pattern of ACTH and cortisol is unchanged; prolactin levels are slightly lower, in a statistically unsignificant proportion the night peak of growth hormone is higher in a statistically significant proportion (p. 0.05). The effect of vitamin B6 is likely to me mediated by dopaminergic receptors at hypothalamic level as previous studies by other Authors appear to prove.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic