Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Awesome motion analysis lift tracking software....free!!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Cant take credit for this, but a guy on another forum pointed the lead to an awesome motion tracking and analysis software package. It is open source and totally free.

It can do TONS of things.... Joint angles, velocity, track motion...etc. I dug though and for an old video I could use it on, but now that I know I can do this, I will be setting it up to use it properly to analyse some of my lifts. The lifts ideally are shot from a perfect side angle...but this was the best one I had.

Here is a quick vid I made with it just tracking the bar path using 495. I was happy to see that my bar path was fairly consistent as I always feel like I am butchering my reps as I get towards the end.

Here is the software and lots of youtube tutorials on how to use it. LOTS and LOTS of other features. Now I need to make a motion tracking singlet with little points all over it ;) Boy I would look cool wearing that!

Kinovea

Last edited by a moderator:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
This is pretty cool. Thanks for posting this.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I cant wait to try it out with some better vids.

I think being able to closely look at things like bar speed and path along with measuring joint angles will yield different methods in training.

It would be cool do some different tweaks in form or bar path and look at how it changes things. Really I think you can do tons with this.

You can even set up a dedicated computer with a capture cam. Would be cool having a dedicated setup in the gym to look at your lifts. Maybe a little station with laptop and tripod with web cam on it.

I dont know about you guys....but this stuff is cool to me!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
good intro vid on how to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Wow....I must be one of the few here with a geeky side ;) I thought this was so cool. I was thinking others would as well????.....

Oh well....I still think this is cool as sh!t. Cant wait to finish cutting so I can get back to moving some heavier stuff and I will definitely be playing with this software.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
It's extremely cool...moreover---it's very useful.

I use a tendo and analytical software at least once per month when I lift. It has made me a better lifter.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic