jacobss
What's New?

Awesome Man Garage

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Ok, who has an awesome man garage? I'm not talking converted to a man cave with a TV and couch either. I need to organize my garage, build a workbench, some storage and maybe epoxy the floor some cabinets and a new roll away. I have a 2 car garage and want to do up 1/2 of it for myself and leave the other 1/2 for my wife to pull a car in if that's what she wants.

Post up some pics so I can get some ideas. The pics from Sears, Lowe's and Home Depot are all nice and pretty but how practical are they really for someone who wants to actually use their garage, lol

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I have to much kids stuff in my garage to use it properly. I have a small area for my tool boxes and a work out area. I did add quite a bit of wall cabinetry for storage. Definately not work posting a picture of. I too would love to have a sweey man garage.

athens

athens

May 16, 2011
I have to much kids stuff in my garage to use it properly. I have a small area for my tool boxes and a work out area. I did add quite a bit of wall cabinetry for storage. Definately not work posting a picture of. I too would love to have a sweey man garage.

+2..LOL! My garage looks like a barbie bike club invasion. No room for a mancave garage. If you do the epoxy floors don't buy the stuff from home depot. It starts to come up after a couple of years. Buy the commercial stuff. It will last much longer.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
+2..LOL! My garage looks like a barbie bike club invasion. No room for a mancave garage. If you do the epoxy floors don't buy the stuff from home depot. It starts to come up after a couple of years. Buy the commercial stuff. It will last much longer.

Does the company that sprays truck beds offer a hybrid garage/basement spray?

A buddy of mine set up a dog area in his basement (actually they had their own room, separate beds and a swing door that went outside to a blocked in roofed area for them to go outside even when raining, snowing etc...was pretty sick) but the floor he had it sprayed but I can't remember where he had it done....this was 5-6 years ago and it looked very similar to the truck bed type spray with a little texture.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
My cousin bought the stuff from Home Depot, the Dupont stuff I believe. It was mis-packaged and there were 2 containers of the primer, no epoxy, it never got solid. They had to get a truck in to clear his garage out, pull this stuff up, treat the cement and then they did a spray job for him, it looks freaking awesome. I gotta find out what kind of stuff that was.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I would epoxy the floors, should only be around $400 for your space, but well worth it.

Then get the craftsman set at sears, get a work bench and a couple of cabinets. I would still leave the ability to pull both cars in.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I got a 3 car garage. The back bay is the engine building department (cherry picker, engine stands, misc blocks and heads and such); the front 2 bays are a combination between a man-cave and fuctioning shop with cabinets, counter space, parts washer, snap-on ten drawer tool box, dart board, icebox from the 70's (yea i said icebox), mini basketball hoop so white men can dunk, smith machine, cable machine, stereo, over head storage, big mother fucker of an air compressor, naked pin-ups, race car panels (ranging from good condition to worst wreck ever), track championship trophies and plaques, and more tools than Kim Kardashian has shoes.
I built a huge carport coming off the house and extending to the pool area in front of the main bay door too so we have the best garage/pool parties in any weather.
I'll snap some pics over the weekend

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
^^^^^^^ Damn... Okay, already getting Jealous, I have the 2 car crap garage like LK. Wouldn't mind checking out those picks.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic