Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Autoimmune disease & diet

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
The nomadic ones, such as the Souix, did. Many others were hunter-gatherers and farmers. Chocktaws were famous for their vegetable farms. And I'm going to assume you're meaning North America because Central and South American indigenous peoples like Aztec are well-known to have had a diet of primarily vegetables.

They hunted, fished, and raised livestock. So far as plant based foods to accompany their meat, they utilized a great deal of processing to detox the plant food chemicals — as all who utilized plant foods did as an accompaniment to their meat.
Huge difference of plant based eating in modern times compared with how they were prepared by indigenous people. The manner in which plant based foods were processed / prepared in previous times made them less of a problem for consumption. And they were far different versions than today’s variety.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Comparing the veggies back then to what we have now is a lot like comparing the bread of 1,000 years ago with wonderbread today. In some countries they don't even classify what we have in the USA as bread. That's just one example. Rice is another. Bananas aren't really suppose to be 14" long and have the nutritional value of tree bark. Apples that weigh 2 pounds and animals wont even eat them. I suppose if you grow up completely off grid and hundreds of miles away from anyone or anything you could in theory have veg and grains similar to what our ancestors had. Even then an excess of these would still be unhealthy. I think a lot of people completely miss or conveniently overlook the term "elimination diet".

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
People on here are representative of people in general. They don't want to think the way they have always done things and were taught to do things is completely wrong. Even in the face of mounting evidence they stick to their guns.... and their bread, rice, veggies and fruit. lol
At least boner posts vids and will kill a man who disagrees with him or at least have a good knife fight.

You lose a few pounds on a diet finally and you're a guru now preaching to others here?

I think our only resident vegan left a while ago and 90% of the guys here eat mostly meat or a protein based diet.

You feel people in general can lift or train like many of the regulars here? You feel people in general have the knowledge many of the regulars here have?
Your statements are as broad based as the doctor in the video.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
At least boner posts vids and will kill a man who disagrees with him or at least have a good knife fight.

You lose a few pounds on a diet finally and you're a guru now preaching to others here?

I think our only resident vegan left a while ago and 90% of the guys here eat mostly meat or a protein based diet.

You feel people in general can lift or train like many of the regulars here? You feel people in general have the knowledge many of the regulars here have?
Your statements are as broad based as the doctor in the video.
I never professed to be a guru when it comes to anything. I feel vindicated because just a few short months ago I had 3-4 people talking a lot of shit about a calorie being a calorie and me talking about defying the law of nature with my "magical way of eating" The so called "experts" and post whores on here ranted for days about it. Yeah...I lost a few pounds. 51 to be exact, and its not the first time. I lost 70 years ago doing the same thing your resident "experts" say in psychically impossible. Oh but it was still just ole gunslinger running his mouth until Test chimed in and I posted results. Testboner also posted pics and I haven't heard a single person admit they were wrong. Just a bunch of guys stuck to their dogma they have been preaching for years even in the face of proof. So yea...I feel for the most part that people on here are closed minded and think they are experts when in reality they don't know near what they think they do. (not all obviously, there are a few with enough sense to look outside their little bubble) I didn't start training a few months ago. I'm 45 years old and have been working out and studying everything I could I diet, nutrition and drugs since age 15. Hell I've been on the boards for over 15 years. I'm not sure what vids I'd need to post or why that would make any difference to you or the rest.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Well gunslinger has me blocked so I can’t talk to him but hopefully I can talk over him.

He brought up “exclusionary diet” as if that meant you should exclude everything else forever.

I’m loving how I feel and look on carnivore, no doubt, but I’m looking forward to adding back in white rice, fruits, and some veggies. I’ll probably never eat pasta again, never been a huge pasta eater anyways. Bread I’ll stay away from too. And almost all grains for that matter.

But I think the hardcore mentality that comes with doing the carnivore comes from the discipline it takes and the fervor you have to fill yourself with in order to make it through the first 2/3 weeks. Diarrhea, cravings, people thinking you’re crazy, super limited options, etc. So you succeed and you feel like you’re the fucking man and everyone else is soft and lazy, lol. The truth is, you’ll win NOBODY to carnivore acting like a hardcore douchebag. You want to be the street preacher thumping people with a meat based bible? You think that works?

I’ll finish this with generalizations since they seem to be a good theme here.

Eat more meat, more types of meat, and as a larger portion of your meal than before.
Eat less grains.
Eat less processed foods
Eat less fake sugar (including corn syrup).

You’ll feel generally better I bet. Maybe even good enough to try carnivore for month. And then add other good things back in.

Stan Efferding is another name to find middle ground on this.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I get what you're saying @SAD , My grains come down to a handful at best of my kids fries, pasta for Sunday dinner twice a month and a really good fucking sammich now and then, rest is meat and veggies, hardly ever eat fruit, just not my thing.
Carnivore is a lifestyle, one very hard to live for people who have an active life, 2 kids playing 2 sports and on the go and traveling for work but to say it's the only way to go is close minded. Keto works, IIFYM works, Mediterranean works, hell even weight watchers worked for Oprah...
I'd love nothing more than to sit in my house and eat steak, eggs and liver all day, not realistic.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I get what you're saying @SAD , My grains come down to a handful at best of my kids fries, pasta for Sunday dinner twice a month and a really good fucking sammich now and then, rest is meat and veggies, hardly ever eat fruit, just not my thing.
Carnivore is a lifestyle, one very hard to live for people who have an active life, 2 kids playing 2 sports and on the go and traveling for work but to say it's the only way to go is close minded. Keto works, IIFYM works, Mediterranean works, hell even weight watchers worked for Oprah...
I'd love nothing more than to sit in my house and eat steak, eggs and liver all day, not realistic.
I can't speak for others because I don't know what they have going on in their families but its actually been a lot more convenient for me and my family. Meal prep is like 10 min tops, easy cleanup, and only eating twice per day vs 5-6 is a hell of a lot easier. But I don't know how everyone else is set up. I think most "normal" people would say going to the gym for an hour per day 4-5 days per week is unrealistic.

This lady has been doing carnivore for a few years and has two small kids.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic