Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kuma
What's New?

Atmae Fitness training log, hopefully it will interest someone...

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
Sounds brutal, you will grow nicely :)

Yeah in my case that's an unwanted side effect, for me size isn't a goal and I've dropped off about 5kg over the last year or so, if anything I'm considering going down lighter.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Brother you are doing great on here!!! Your effort and strength are admired!!! Good work!!!

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
Workout Fri 13th Feb

Warm up inc
Mobility drills
DL

Main:
Pyramid DL 125kg 2x6r, 152kg 7x6r (r/p 2-3min)
KB 32kg Clean & Press Ladder 5x4rungs, with Pull ups (3min skipping between sets)

stretch

Had to make a bit of a change to todays plan the KB work was supposed to be tomorrow along with Bench, but life has got in the way so I won't be able to train tomorrow. Decided to split the main components of tomorrows session between today and Sunday, so will do the bench on Sundays session.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
As fun as it sounds.

Its early days yet, just in the second week. Last Sundays session was tough and I was feeling it on the tuesday, but feeling pretty fresh now and tomorrows pulls are light (60%). For me its not so much the pulling three times a week but the amount of lifts in the sessions. I think I did more deadlifts over the last week than I've done in the last 3 months. The only time I'd hit a similar type of volume would be on crossfit wods, but then usually the weight would be lighter.

yeah, definitely keep us posted on 3x deadlifting. particularly the recovery in your arms and back.

I had gone to 2x week and I found that my grip was starting to suffer from lack of recovery. But I'm interested in maybe going 2-3x week again.

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
Will do, the hands are suffering a bit with blisters/calluses & the grips definitely weaker after the DL when I try to do the pull ups, but thats only short term at the mo.

I've done twice a week programmes b4 and found them effective/manageable but thats with one heavy & one light and a lot less total volume.

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
Workout sun 15th Feb

Warm up inc
Mobility drills
Bench

Main
Bench 6x5@125kg (5min r/p)
DL 152kgx4, 178kgx4, 205kgx6x4r (5-6min r/p)
DL off blocks, 178kgx4, 205kgx4, 230kgx2, 230kgx4x1r (6min r/p)
(target for last bit was 230kgx5x3, I'm weaker off the blocks than the floor so b4 the session I wasn't 100% sure I would b able to pull it for 1, so although I didn't hit the specified reps I'm sort of happy I got 2 on the first set. Last two sets were hard just to get the single, had to reset myself to get them)

Stretch & hangs

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic