jacobss
What's New?

Arimidex and severe depression.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I wish I didn’t have to use and AI, but I do. I tried not using any, but estrogen was through the roof. I also start breaking out, retaining water… all the bs sides. I use .5 weekly and it seems to keep it in check.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Primo crushes my estrogen, not just masks symptoms. I didn't figure this out until a few years in. Just something to be aware. I kept blaming Aromasin and my shitty volumetric dosing. Then I blamed my shitty quartering of Arimidex tablets. Easy to crush, slow to recover.

Also, from what I've learned, which is minimal, it's about the ratio of Test to Estrogen. As Test rises, so should Estrogen. It is a probabalistic thing. Think about it in terms of the probability of Test versus Estrogen hitting a receptor. You can have high Test and high Estrogen but the same probability as lower Test as long as the ratio stays the same. Maybe this is all bullshit, and I'm sure it's an oversimplification. It's also TMI. I'm now asking why I even chose to write all that.
it's about the ratio of Test to Estrogen. As Test rises, so should Estrogen. It is a probabalistic thing. Think about it in terms of the probability of Test versus Estrogen hitting a receptor. You can have high Test and high Estrogen but the same probability as lower Test as long as the ratio stays the same.

I think that's a fair point... we love numbers, but sometimes too much... in the ICU it's very easy to get fixated on one number but I'll often remark, what's the "big picture look like?" or "what's the context of that number?"... like test levels, one guy at 500 feels great another needs to be at 800 to "feel it"... so, like you said, if it rises in proportion AND one isn't experiencing sides, then so be it...

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
What kind of doc also? GP, Endo or "actual" TRT doc (not there is an "actual" TRT doc, but one that chose to specialize in it via education/training)... even TRT docs if they're new and just jumping on the TRT bandwagon can be a bit automatic in what they prescribe, that's a whole lot easier for them then actually individualizing.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
I guess we didn't directly work on your question though, indirectly kind of... your depression... do you have baseline estradiol levels? Levels post arimidex? How do you feel when you don't take it? I agree with you though, keep filling the Rx as long as you can, if anything, build up several months worths and then just re-sell the rest here hahahha

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I never had an issue with .5mg twice per week back when I took Arimidex. That said I made the switch to Aromasin many years ago and never looked back.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I guess we didn't directly work on your question though, indirectly kind of... your depression... do you have baseline estradiol levels? Levels post arimidex? How do you feel when you don't take it? I agree with you though, keep filling the Rx as long as you can, if anything, build up several months worths and then just re-sell the rest here hahahha
Regular GP. No baseline. Never used or needed anti e before even on very high doses. I think I started taking the rx because I could (not a Good answer but that's all I got) I feel mostly better now just was not expecting how hard and fast it happened.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic