Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
AKC83
What's New?

Are you ready for the Government Shutdown?

georgia21

georgia21

Aug 30, 2010
Starting at midnight tonight, 1 hr 17 minutes to go. How will it affect you?

G

gundo94

Sep 2, 2013
As a person who lives spitting distance from a major military base, this ain't gonna be pretty.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
As a person who lives spitting distance from a major military base, this ain't gonna be pretty.

On Duty soldiers won't be effected. THey will simply fill the roles of workers that are relieved.

Lots of people have been told to go home early when things aren't going good. Nurses and midlevels at the ER are sent home when census is down. HVAC workers are sent home often during the slow seasons because work is slow. This is, just like any other job, a possible risk of the job.

Obama got up and said it was all the Tea Party's fault, and they shouldn't be powerful enough to do this. LMFAO!! That's what happens when you underestimate a party when people have had enough of his shit. This shut down is absolutely necessary to tell Obama his plan is a disaster and we won't accept it. I love how he puts this off on other people, when its in his hands, really. "They wont give". Well, ummm, that's because YOU won't give.

RageBlanket

RageBlanket

Feb 13, 2013
I'll email all sorts of anti-government propaganda...surely they'll stop spying on us with the .gov shut down right?

Right??

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I'll email all sorts of anti-government propaganda...surely they'll stop spying on us with the .gov shut down right?

Right??

Lmao. That's the only part of the government that will be business as usual. Good one.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
You know if they would have a BUDGET instead of drunken sailor spending this would not happen, but they keep giving billions away to people who hate us,with a war on invisible boogie men costing more than ever,shhits gunna happen,especially with everyone wanting a free ride on the spending machine

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
what really sucks about this for me is my fiance just got her PIN settled with the IRS and was finally able to file for her $5000 tax return at the beginning of September.

With that she was going to get caught up on her car, legal fees, pay me back, and have some left over for clothes for work and some to save.

Checked the status Friday with my CPA and they were going to direct deposit tomorrow, Wednesday Oct 2nd...from what I understand from my CPA the check was funded yesterday morning with a 2 day ACH hold for Wednesday deposit.

Now they're saying this will last for weeks....and my fiance is going to lose her car while I'm changing jobs again due to the industry i'm in making massive changes in my company....

so i'm ****ed....otherwise i wouldn't give a damn about the shutdown.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
what really sucks about this for me is my fiance just got her PIN settled with the IRS and was finally able to file for her $5000 tax return at the beginning of September.

With that she was going to get caught up on her car, legal fees, pay me back, and have some left over for clothes for work and some to save.

Checked the status Friday with my CPA and they were going to direct deposit tomorrow, Wednesday Oct 2nd...from what I understand from my CPA the check was funded yesterday morning with a 2 day ACH hold for Wednesday deposit.

Now they're saying this will last for weeks....and my fiance is going to lose her car while I'm changing jobs again due to the industry i'm in making massive changes in my company....

so i'm ****ed....otherwise i wouldn't give a damn about the shutdown.

Can't you contact the company the car is financed through and tell them the shut down interfered and it's not your fault?

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
i don't really think they care...she's on month 2 behind now. she's been back to work (after almost a year) for about a month now. unfortunately she hasn't gotten her first check and she commutes almost 3 hours a day to get to work (lots of gas and tolls). so i've been supporting the family more than ever....

anyway, it's business as usual for creditors. thankfully my VA benefits funded today so i was able to make rent.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
They'd have quite the work force if they made everyone on public assistance earn their subsidies! For example: Just think how clean our country would be if they put them out to pick up the country side. I'm sure there are other opportunities that can use the help. Why should people get this assistance for free! Put them to work and earn their keep! Of course..that said there are special circumstances that should be taken into consideration!

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
They'd have quite the work force if they made everyone on public assistance earn their subsidies! For example: Just think how clean our country would be if they put them out to pick up the country side. I'm sure there are other opportunities that can use the help. Why should people get this assistance for free! Put them to work and earn their keep! Of course..that said there are special circumstances that should be taken into consideration!

Nothing more un-American then has to work for a living.

Why do you hate America so much.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic