Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Anyone workout at a planet fitness?

Oct 29, 2010
Wondering if anyone gets legit workouts at planet fitness. The price is rite so im thinking about it. Theirs no barbell sets for bench, squat etc. all they have are smith machines. any comments.....

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
just depends on what ones goals are for lifting. if you just want to shape up they they are probably fine as they cater to the "im just here to look good but not get big" crowd.

last year at this time they came out with a whole ad campaign around how they dont want "serious lifters" and "people who do steriods" at their gyms.

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
I did workout at a PF before and with the db's just going to 80lbs I just simply did more reps on the db presses and curls. As the PF I went to had 2 squat racks I was able to get in squats and for deads I did rack deads as regular dl's weren't allowed. The smith machine I did smith pulls and heavy incline presses.

In all I did manage to get a pretty good workout by most standards

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
It sucks. If you are just starting then fine, or if you want a nice runner/swimmer build. They bought the gym I was at and took at the weight out. They asked any of us that were heavy lifters to stop coming, and let us out of any contracts we might have had. The gym was a power gym before they bought so most members quit right off. I try to stay because they opened early, and cost nothing. Did not make it long.

And the no dead rule is reason enough to boycott them.

I am a lunk and proud I guess.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Wondering if anyone gets legit workouts at planet fitness. The price is rite so im thinking about it. Theirs no barbell sets for bench, squat etc. all they have are smith machines. any comments.....

I think you answered your own question.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Its great! If you wanna just watch some tv while on an elliptical...

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
The answer is NO NO-ONE "works out" at PFb-(

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I was talking with a guy who said he couldn't trainat my gym...and the he prefers planet fitness because... bulking is not allowed. LMFAO!!

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
^^^^^^ that guy is a a fucking retard, did ya laugh at him Middy?

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
^^^^^^ that guy is a a fucking retard, did ya laugh at him Middy?

no because he cooks my post training meals on weekends at the resteraunt my wife and I go to .... not looking to eat man spooge in my pancakes!

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
Unless you go under 100lbs on all of your lifts and arent looking to ever get big enough to impress anyone, dont bother wasting your time or 10 bucks a month. I do here that they have free pizza once a week though lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic