Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Anyone know any USAPL judges available 5 Dec for a meet at the Military Academy at West Point NY

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Annual Army Navy powerlifting meet for the Commanders Trophy.

I know this is a crazy post but as it stands right now the Army team neglected to get USAPL judges to do the meet and subsequently my Naval Academy Team will be competing in an unsanctioned meet that we've trained 12 weeks for.

One of the problems with this is that we only have two meets the Army Navy meet and the USAPL Collegiate Nationals which will be in April. All of my new team members have to have a qualifying total to compete at Nationals if this meet that we're peaking for doesn't have real officials then those people will have to add a meet in early spring which throws off the teams training cycle. I'm not happy because this meet happens their every other year and on opposite years at Annapolis MD So with 730 days to plan this is the situation. It's unsat.

There are other meets that are going on so all of the normal options are exhausted.

I am willing to pay for flights and hotels if I can get three judges to commit but we're getting down to the short hairs for locking it in. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Help help... Is there anybody out there? I'm sure like me most of the board members aren't USAPL lifters, but I was hoping someone would know someone else.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Have you contacted the USAPL State Chair?

An expert just told me to ask you that.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Yeah as I've mentioned to you when we first spoke about this we've contacted all the normal suspects. National head of judges etc. I was working on flying a couple of the well respected older judges up from TX but their wives vetoed the trip.

I will still pay for judges to fly in hotel and rental car, but as this get's closer it may become too expensive. I'm still attempting not to focus my anger at the consistently irresponsible actions of the individual on the other team who's responsibility to both schools is to provide a sanctioned meet which includes USAPL judges. Now I get to flip a coin with some of his homies calling lifts for a very important meet that he is very afraid he's about to loose after 13 years.

He should be afraid, very afraid.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic