Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Anyone ever have a bottle of a sust blend get clumpy?

M

mfer

Nov 28, 2011
I found a bottle of unopened Sust blend 300 that I hid about a year ago and now it seems a little clumpy. It seems to have settled and got a little thicker on the bottom and is stuck to the glass. Can I warm it and see if this helps get it back to it's normal consistency? Or should I just toss it? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
It has likely crashed as what you are describing sounds very familiar. The easiest way I have found to put something back into solution is to heat it on the stove. Be sure to vent the vial by sticking an 18g needle (needle only, not the syringe too) through the rubber stopper and leaving it there while cooking. Put the vial directly onto a saucepan over medium high heat and just eyeball it. You should see it start to thin out again and you may need to shake it to put it all the way back in solution. My bet is the drawer or location you left it got cold at one point or another.

CAUTION: Don't just grab the vial after it's been heating as the glass will be hot. You'd think that's pretty obvious, but you never know ;)

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I wouldn't go chucking it. Pretty much all the advice you need is in the post above. It doesn't sound like it's crashing badly, otherwise you'd have crystals forming which are obvious. Even when that happens I've had friends heat things and them be fine so this should be fine. Just after heating it, I'd personally wait a day to see if it happened again or stayed normal. If it's fine after a day then go for gold otherwise maybe grab some more. Let's face it, I'd always prefer to reinvest a few hundred than to take a big risk.

M

mfer

Nov 28, 2011
Thanks guys,kinda like cooking up some crack in a baby food jar,got it. Thanks again Get some,looking forward to your next post on GIF thread.
Mfer out

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic