Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Any disadvantage to having low cholesterol?

Spikykite

Spikykite

Feb 14, 2011
If you know me, I bitch about cholesterol a lot haha. It is an issue that is of great concern to me as I have had a few close family members who were in good shape die of heart attacks or need multiple by pass surgeries at less than 50 years old. High cholesterol has always scared me...until now!

Started Crestor in January, 20mg. Was on a gram of test and off tren for about a month and I got blood work done. HDL was 28 (was 14) which is still low, but, my LDL was freakin 60 which is down from 245 in January! Anyway, I was just wondering if having this low of cholesterol may have any adverse effects health wise or lifting wise. The only thing that seems to come up on tests about statin use is muscle pains, liver damage (my AST and ALT were fine) possible rhabdomyolysis which is basically when broken down muscle gets stuck in your kidneys. It might if you were natural as cholesterol is needed for testosterone synthesis, but that isn't the case! Just by looking at the steroid synthesis pathway, having low cholesterol can decrease aldosterone production (more aldosterone = higher blood pressure) and cortisol production which both seem pretty great perks of statins (pure anecdotal, no evidence to support this).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic