Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Androgen Overload

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I heard a term used to day... "Androgen Overload." This was used in a discussion about how to plan a cycle for a strength competition. Where training starts 16 weeks out lets say, most athletes will get on the test and some tren at that point and get to work. But what we all experience is that by the time you're 8 weeks out, the gear doesn't seem to be kicking like it used to. So we up the dose. Sometimes we wind up using some ridiculous amounts of gear because of this.

I'm curious though. Is the concept of Androgen Overload broscience? Just another made up term? Or is this something that actually has some sort of scientific backing?

It makes sense to me as I've experienced it myself. My first powerlifting meet I started on 1.3 grams of test and 600mg of NPP 14 weeks out. By about 6 weeks out I wound up increasing the deca. Training was taking it toll on me. I ran dbol starting 6 weeks out until I was 3 weeks out when I swapped for halo.

Learning from what I thought was a mistake, for meet two I ran 1g test enanthate and 700 tren ace. I started 6 weeks out on that cycle. I trained like hell! I was strong and fresh and kicked ass. Showed up for the meet ready to rock.

Aug 2, 2013
I haven't heard the term but I see it as very plausible. To me it sounds kinda like the law of diminishing returns and if that's the case then what if you increased the test and deca together, would that have helped? However, if you did that it just brings you back to using crazy amounts of gear though, which in turn could lead to a bigger overload. Personally I think you did it right the second time around as you were peaking coming into the event vs the first one where the androgen receptors seemed to be saturated. Now this is all my own speculation, I'm just basing it as an objective opinion of your post/experiment, I don't have any real science to back it up lol. Very cool topic though and I will be looking more into it for sure.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Definitely has merit. I'm about to start a new blast after being completely off and I'm going with lower test and higher tren, which to me sounds like androgen overload from the start but too many vets have been chiming in on this so I'm gonna put it to bed once and for all. Hoping my receptors are ready to go!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic