Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Anavar and antibiotics

jhc005

jhc005

Muscle Princess
Sep 14, 2013
I’m about two weeks into a cycle (first cycle in about 4 years) and I was bit by a cat a couple times. Doc put me on amoxicillin/clavulanate for 10 days. I’m about 3 days in the antibiotics. I didn’t take the anavar yesterday. Any thoughts on dropping the anavar till I’m off the antibiotics? I was taking 15 mg a day. Or should I drop the disease of the anavar till I’m able to lift again?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hey, I don't understand this question : "Or should I drop the disease of the anavar till I’m able to lift again? "......

Regardless, I wouldn't drop anavar. The only thing with antibiotics to worry about it is how it affects any oral birth control pills LOL.

But then again, i am not a doctor, nor do i play one anyone and i'm not even in the health field....FWIW....

jhc005

jhc005

Muscle Princess
Sep 14, 2013
Hey, I don't understand this question : "Or should I drop the disease of the anavar till I’m able to lift again? "......

Regardless, I wouldn't drop anavar. The only thing with antibiotics to worry about it is how it affects any oral birth control pills LOL.

But then again, i am not a doctor, nor do i play one anyone and i'm not even in the health field....FWIW....
Oh lord. I should have proof read that. Spell check changed that. ‍♀️ That was supposed to say maybe drop the dosage.

jhc005

jhc005

Muscle Princess
Sep 14, 2013
I’m about two weeks into a cycle (first cycle in about 4 years) and I was bit by a cat a couple times. Doc put me on amoxicillin/clavulanate for 10 days. I’m about 3 days in the antibiotics. I didn’t take the anavar yesterday. Any thoughts on dropping the anavar till I’m off the antibiotics? I was taking 15 mg a day. Or should I drop the dosage of the anavar till I’m able to lift again?

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
I think more of a question would be: is your training and food affected by this? If not, and you're still keeping your routine then I'd just continue with the var as normal.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
[mention]jhc005 [/mention] bwahaha. I thought it was a typo.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
The only thing I would say to pay attention to is the timing.

If you’re splitting your doses, take your antibiotics midday and your var morning and night.

If you’re not splitting, then just either one in the morning, and the other at night.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
The only thing I would say to pay attention to is the timing.

If you’re splitting your doses, take your antibiotics midday and your var morning and night.

If you’re not splitting, then just either one in the morning, and the other at night.

Is this a recommendation based on logic or is there a known pharmaceutical interaction you’re looking to avoid?

Obviously taking your advice couldn’t hurt. Just wondering if there’s a specific reason for it.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Is this a recommendation based on logic or is there a known pharmaceutical interaction you’re looking to avoid?

Obviously taking your advice couldn’t hurt. Just wondering if there’s a specific reason for it.

I’m a var connoisseur, so I’ve actually been on antibiotics multiple times while running var.

Antibiotics affect gut biome negatively, that’s no secret. It’s also recommended not to drink on antibiotics for multiple reasons.

My experience was that when I took them together, I would get constipated and have some “bubble-gut”. My guess is that I’m constantly on the cusp of a water imbalance with var (full but dry and cramp easily).

Logic, yes.

But also experience.

And I’d be willing to be there is a scientific reason for it too, but not a known interaction per se.

jhc005

jhc005

Muscle Princess
Sep 14, 2013
I think more of a question would be: is your training and food affected by this? If not, and you're still keeping your routine then I'd just continue with the var as normal.
Thank you. It affects my training. The bite is on my hand. I can’t grip anything. Hopefully it will heal up quick.
But, I can still train just very limited to what I can train.

jhc005

jhc005

Muscle Princess
Sep 14, 2013
[mention]jhc005 [/mention] bwahaha. I thought it was a typo.
My phone autocorrects half of every thing I say. It’s such a pain. Lol no disease just a nasty animal bite. I tried googling the answer. There’s not much out there for steroids. I just didn’t want to slow the process of healing or have a bad interaction. Being on a cycle and stuck going cardio blows.

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
I’m a var connoisseur, so I’ve actually been on antibiotics multiple times while running var.

Antibiotics affect gut biome negatively, that’s no secret. It’s also recommended not to drink on antibiotics for multiple reasons.

My experience was that when I took them together, I would get constipated and have some “bubble-gut”. My guess is that I’m constantly on the cusp of a water imbalance with var (full but dry and cramp easily).

Logic, yes.

But also experience.

And I’d be willing to be there is a scientific reason for it too, but not a known interaction per se.
I agree here. Any time antibiotics are involved, space them out and around other compounds/meds. I believe it is always recommended to wait an hour between taking anything, just like you should avoid citrus with most meds/antibiotics as it also changes the efficiency and affect of the compound or meds if taken together.

So I would say, take your antibiotics first thing in the morning then work timing backwards for you var. Your split doses of var should be within 6-8hrs apart due to its half life so if your second dose is at, say 4pm, your first is then between 8am-10am... in this case, take your antibiotic around 6am.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic