Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

anabolic-steroids-may-weaken-the-heart

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news...?src=RSS_PUBLIC

This is but one of the many studies i've seen, ejection fraction of the heart among other functions deteriorates with abuse of AAS. Like anything realy, long term abuse your gona pay the consequences.

Doppler echocardiography ultrasound was used to examine blood flow through the heart.

In most of the steroid users, the heart's main pumping chamber, known as the left ventricle, showed evidence of weakness during contraction.

A healthy left ventricle pumps 55% to 70% of the blood that fills the heart. This measurement is known as ejection fraction.

Ten of the 12 steroid users had ejection fractions of less than 55%,

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Damn, our hearts get bigger along with our other muscles but our contractual force lessen?

That SUCKS

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
This isn't surprising at all. Anaerobic training causes hypertrophy in the left ventricle; add steroids and you will get more of the same. DO YOUR CARDIO!!! it will help reduce and in some eliminate this condition.

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
Great information and indeed cardio should be a part of any training program.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Problem is some aas like nandrolone being a synthetic progestin but also containing androgenic properties as well stimulate other factors that can reduce cardiac function.
You run deca at high enuff doses and you will notice you breath harder and your endurance starts to suck. Personal experience at 400 I noticed nothing realy as far as endurance, 600-900 mg I got short winded and didn't have the cardio endurance to do high rep squats like I did a couple weeks before.

ND treatment increased: LV-ACE activity, AT1 receptor expression, aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2) and 11-ß hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 2 (11ßHSD2) gene expression and inflammatory markers, TGFß and osteopontin.

long term use of nandrolone at higher doses shows an increase of myocardial collagen volume fraction (CVF) ,collagen I- III. increased CVF can lead to Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy .
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM), interstitial myocardial fibrosis is an important histological modification that has been associated with sudden death and evolution toward myocardial dilation. Myocardial expression is by a effect of OPN which induces Col I-mediated cardiac fibrosis and that is what leads to progressive ventricular dilatation and cardiac dysfunction .chronic aldosterone or angiotensin II also show some of the same effects on the right and left ventricles as well. ACE activity being upregulated by aas correlates with the degree of hypertrophy in volume- and pressure-overload of congestive heart failure (CHF) and with diastolic wall stress in mitral regurgitation .

Not to scare everyone or maybe I should, extremely high doses of most aas for sure will put some serious stress on the heart. Ace inhibitors would be a good idea if your going to run high doses. High ACE activity equals dilated cardiomyopathy.

Regualr heart check-ups are life savers for anyone realy.

Last edited:
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Scary stuff but all the more reason to cycle responsibly.

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
Shines always trying to ruin my fun... lol... It doesnt quantify how much less??? Just "less than normal"?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Shines always trying to ruin my fun... lol... It doesnt quantify how much less??? Just "less than normal"?

LOL! sorry bro, I think you will be fine with Blood work and ekg-heart checkups. Your not one to hammer 900mg or more for half the year like some do with ND. theraputic doses from 100mg to 200mg wk for ten wks are shown in most Clinical studies ive seen effects but not in the extreme for most. IMO if a person is going to run a high dose for a 8-10 wk cycle consider the additon of Combination Therapy With ACE Inhibitors or ARBs if blood work shows ridiculous aldosterone levels.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic