Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

AllTheWay's Drive to Success

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Ambition seems to have some self aggrandizement component. Mitt Romney has ambition. Thomas Edison had drive and determination. i would rather see fame and power come as result of great accomplishment rather than ambition as the driving force if that makes sense.

7a0bd0ef.jpg

Most people would succeed in small things if they were not troubled with great ambitions.
— Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

ambitions, i have often thought that they were a good thing. the dictionary describes ambition as
1.an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment.
2.the object, state, or result desired or sought after: The crown was his ambition.
3.desire for work or activity; energy: I awoke feeling tired and utterly lacking in ambition.

verb (used with object)
4.to seek after earnestly; aspire to.

an earnest desire for distinction, power, fame, wealth. is that a good thing? i have never really looked at ambition in this way. i have always looked at it as something good. to be ambitious in my mind was like wanting to be successful and determined. but looking at it and thinking about it, i think success and determination are part of the road to ambitious. i think one can be successful without being ambitious. i think one can be determined without being ambitious. how does one separate ambition from drive and determination? does ambition make us lose sight of the things that are really important? does ambition make us blinded to our own shortcomings and faults? does ambition make us or break us?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
ahhhhhh is it friday yet? not that it does me much good because i have to drive 3 hours to a ranch on saturday morning and preg check cows. i hope the weather stays as nice as it has been.

rolled reluctantly out of bed at 4 and got my coffee going. i needed it! did my hanging leg raises and had to keep the monchers moving along to get ready for school. they must be going through growth spurts because they have both been sleeping longer so it is necessary to keep them going or we end up being late and i then get pulled over for speeding :p

we had a full surgery schedule and it was pretty much non stop from 8 on. when i pulled in from dropping the monchers off at school it wasnt even 8 yet and the parking lot had 7 cars in it already! thankfully i had two techs and we kept a dog or cat on the table the whole morning. got done right at 11:30 and ran home and changed and then went to pic up zac.

bdca829b.jpg

dreadmill warm up

so on the new schedule today is now chest and bis. since it is the first week of the 5x5 i was trying to figure out where my 5 reps was.

incline bench press
*65# for 10 wu
*95# for 5
*105# for 5
*115# for 5
*125# for 5
*135# for 3
the 125 was felt perfect for the 5 reps but i had to try 135# just to see how many i could get. it has been over a year since i have done 135# on the incline and last time i barely got it for one rep with a spot so to get it for 3 by myself was nice :D

widowmaker set in smith machine bench at about 35 degrees with a very wide grip
*25# on each side making it about 60# for 30 reps
huge burn in the pecs.

ez curls
*35# for 5
*45# for 5
*55# for 5
*65# for 5
*70# for 3
not very impressive but maybe one day!

the afternoon has been consistent. the front office has been a zoo so i am trying to stay in the back as much as possible because when i am a bit crabby the over stimulation of people all wanting to talk to me at once is too much :eek:

5a340ed2.jpg

i look very stringy in this pic, dont like it but it does show some good striations

609d36b5.jpg

52e8ede8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
For what it's worth many successful people I know are/were egotists. Maybe egotism runs with ambition. It seems some can become very successful in the attainment of power and fame without great accomplishment. I think this is one place where a strong sense of ambition can come in. It is possible to make a series of political calculated moves and rise to the levels of power whereby it is also possible to reach power through recognition in one's field through great accomplishment. Wouldn't it be grand if the politicians were all accomplished people rather than cold calculating ambitious people with little to their name remotely related to accomplishment.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Ambition seems to have some self aggrandizement component. Mitt Romney has ambition. Thomas Edison had drive and determination. i would rather see fame and power come as result of great accomplishment rather than ambition as the driving force if that makes sense.

you put that so much better than i did! thanks. you are 100% correct!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
For what it's worth many successful people I know are/were egotists. Maybe egotism runs with ambition. It seems some can become very successful in the attainment of power and fame without great accomplishment. I think this is one place where a strong sense of ambition can come in. It is possible to make a series of political calculated moves and rise to the levels of power whereby it is also possible to reach power through recognition in one's field through great accomplishment. Wouldn't it be grand if the politicians were all accomplished people rather than cold calculating ambitious people with little to their name remotely related to accomplishment.

amen!! :D

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Depends on the reason and what the Determination, ambition , accomplishment are for . Pride of life and for self or for who?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Depends on the reason and what the Determination, ambition , accomplishment are for . Pride of life and for self or for who?

from everything i saw, ambition is all pride and all about self. i had never looked at it that way. i always looked as ambition as a good thing and it might be in small doses.

an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment.

but it sure looks like it is not something to be proud of :-??:-??

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Great job on the incline press! You are getting really strong.

I have always viewed ambition as essential to success, regardless of the venture. However, I was taught that ambition should drive self-improvement, productivity, education, honorable pursuits. Just my two cents.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
from everything i saw, ambition is all pride and all about self. i had never looked at it that way. i always looked as ambition as a good thing and it might be in small doses.

an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment.

but it sure looks like it is not something to be proud of :-??:-??

Depends again on The source of that ambition and where we are obtaining it from, and what influences us or what we allow to influence us for our destiny of the present and eternal. We all battle with the Pride of life daily.

ambition is more spiritual than we know imo.

Last edited:
Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
ATW, I know we all throw allot of compliments at you but seriously you are looking the best I've seen you look. The striations in your shoulders are looking great your incline bench shows how great your lats are looking and your form is really improved and you can see the strength gains.. Great work all the way around!!!

Awesome job on the hunting dog, great to see such a strong dog get back up from such a horrific and I would not hesitate to say if he ended up somewhere other than in your office he would probably have been walking over the rainbow bridge. Keep rocking it!!!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Great job on the incline bench. I bet you can take me on bench .
Love that the hunting dog seems good to go .That was a nasty looking gash on his chest .

Your looking great .Your abs are looking really defined.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic