Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Airfryer

SocioMachiavelli

SocioMachiavelli

May 30, 2018
Does anyone have one and us it regularly? any recommendations?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I have one and use it once or twice a week. Any foods that would traditionally be baked or fried can be made in it. It's faster, makes food crispier and doesn't heat the whole kitchen up when it's hot outside. I have a Phillips Viva TurboStar 3qt and it's large enough to make food for two adults.

The best use is for freezer to plate foods. Pot stickers, Pierogis, Steak Fries (chips). There are recipes for healthier fare buts it really shines with "junk" :)

SocioMachiavelli

SocioMachiavelli

May 30, 2018
I have one and use it once or twice a week. Any foods that would traditionally be baked or fried can be made in it. It's faster, makes food crispier and doesn't heat the whole kitchen up when it's hot outside. I have a Phillips Viva TurboStar 3qt and it's large enough to make food for two adults.

The best use is for freezer to plate foods. Pot stickers, Pierogis, Steak Fries (chips). There are recipes for healthier fare buts it really shines with "junk" :)
Yeah I was thinking steaks, chicken, sweet potato fries, low fat turkey burgers etc. It's a toss up between one of these and a halogen oven; or both

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I have done frozen beef tenderloins and pork/turkey tenderloins with good results. Frozen to plate in about 30mins. 15mins at 375deg, then flip 10mins for beef/turkey and 15mins more form pork. Room temp or refrigerated meats are less than 20mins and come out like "broiled".

SocioMachiavelli

SocioMachiavelli

May 30, 2018
I have done frozen beef tenderloins and pork/turkey tenderloins with good results. Frozen to plate in about 30mins. 15mins at 375deg, then flip 10mins for beef/turkey and 15mins more form pork. Room temp or refrigerated meats are less than 20mins and come out like "broiled".
Sounds good. Do you own a halogen oven also or just the air fryer, think the one I'm looking at is 5.5L

SocioMachiavelli

SocioMachiavelli

May 30, 2018
Also can you marinate stuff etc and put it in there. I've seen you can't put any fluid in it?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Yes, I use marinated meats. They sit on a wire grate so the runoff is collected and drained away.

S

SilverFox

Oct 31, 2018
I got one and it's great for making fried chicken without all the oil and all the mess.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Have one also. My wife loves cooking with it. It cooks foods fast without the greasy mess.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I use this one

Oyama TRO-110C Turbo Convection Oven.

Cooks with hot air with heating element At the top.

Been using same one almost 2.5 years and it works perfect. Can cook a 12lbs turkey in 1.5 hours. Great for almost any foods.

Bought on Amazon for under $100

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
have one and hate it. My wife likes it. I think everything is too dry for my taste. I found that adding a bit of oil gets the food to turn out better, but you're not supposed to do that.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I will sometimes quarter a sweet potato the long way and cook it in one. I have an oil mister bottle from Bed, Bath & Beyond that I spritz it with before cooking.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic