Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Ahh the importance of water!

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Well I sit here in my hospital room typing this to share the importance of water! Starting last Thursday my appitite declined and I started drinking less and less water. Thursday I ate one time, Friday was another one meal day. By Saturday I had consumed 20 ounces of Ginger Ale and had bad nausea. Sunday was not much better and I had about 32 ounces of liquid with no food. Yesterday I was still sick to my stomach and starving. I tried breakfast and ate and kept it down however my fluid intake was still piss poor. At 7pm I got up and made myself vomit, nothing came up but I started to have severe pain in my abdomin. I made my GF take me to the ER. After a CT scan it was determinied I had a bowel obstruction and the possitlbility of surgery in the morning. I had already had one liter if fluid pushed in and had not peed. In the past 12 hours I have had 5 liters of fluid pushed and have pee'd twice, both times it looked like dark beer. The CT and xrays have shown imporvement and the Dr contributes the blockage to being dehydrated and getting the stomach flu all at once. So in order to get cleaned up I am getting filled up with fluids and have a tube shoved up my nose to suck everything from gut out. So, everyone make sure you drink your water especially if you are not feeling well.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Holy shit bro... Get well quick and take care of yourself!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
That sucks. Water is just if not more important than the food we eat. Get well soon.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i hope they can get the blockage medically reduced as bowel surgery is extremely painful!

i see animals in almost every single day that are severely ill from dehydration. as animals they dont understand the necessity of drinking and one cant make them but as people, we understand! do it, whether you feel like it or not! dehydration is so detrimental to your body and by the time you are thirsty you are already pretty dehydrated. especially in this lifestyle where we take extra supps, one can almost not consume too much water!

get well soon!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic