Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

advantages of wearing weight vest at all times?

F

FrankTheTank

Nov 3, 2010
I have thought about the weight vest thing too! I walk pretty much all day long at work, I'm a FEDERAL LETTER DISTRIBUTOR but some people call it a mailman...LOL I walk all day, probably about 6-7 miles a day. My body has got used to it so I started carrying two streets at once to make my walking time longer. But I was thinking about wearing a weight vest while walking all day. So you guys think that would be a bad idea?

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
I think a weight vest for walking is a great idea just not for typical everyday jobs like sitting down or manual labor intense jobs anything that puts the back in strain situations.

So Brazey did your calves grow?

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
I go hiking with my weighted vest sometimes. I get shin splints if I run so if I get on the treadmill I put on my vest and crank up the incline. It's like hiking with a pack. Wouldn't wear it around all day though.

B

brazey

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
Did your calves grow?

I think a weight vest for walking is a great idea just not for typical everyday jobs like sitting down or manual labor intense jobs anything that puts the back in strain situations.

So Brazey did your calves grow?

Yes, my calves did grow some but not that much. However I walk very flat footed and someone with a normal heel-to-toe stride should get much better results than I did. For me it was my core that received the most benefit.

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
Good info to know =) Might try one just for the heck of it when I hike and walk.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic