Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Acupuncture

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
Does anybody use acupuncture for anything? I still have some lingering pain in my shoulder 5 months after my rotator cuff surgery and have been thinking about giving it a try. I'm desperate to get better and hit the gym again. PT is only doing so much, so I'll try anything at this point. I was also wondering if a deep tissue massage would help at all.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Acupuncture is great!

I did it in high school to help keep my stomach relaxed.

Each session is about an hour, 20 mins for them to place the needles and you sit there for about 20 with the needles in.

After they take the needles out you have this high feeling, it's great. You feel re energized and no pain.

I went one day when I had a bad head cold. I told the dr doing the treatment about it. They placed the needles in a couple different areas this time as opposed to the normal routine.

Once I got off the table I could breath through my nose, and the feverish feeling I had was gone.

These effects lasted a couple hours.

To get the full benefit from acupuncture, you need about 10 sessions.

I would absolutely be doing it right now if I had the extra money. Unfortunately insurance doesn't cover it.

It's a great treatment though, and the needles really don't hurt that bad when they insert them. If the muscle group is tight it is a little more difficult to get the needle in, but overall very pleasant.

Everyone responds different to treatments though, all you can do is try it out and see how you respond.

Also, have you tried ART? Active release therapy

Supposed to be real good also.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic