Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Actual keto meals

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I don't have any problem with how I smell while on keto. But I drink 1 gallon or more of water per day.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I used to do keto,

breakfast was always scrambled eggs, cheese, and spinach or asparagus

every once in awhile I would have bacon and cut out a couple eggs, and the cheese

I ate a lot of ribeye, then chicken, but mostly steak, or hamburger, occasional pork chop...
side was always spinach, asparagus, or broccoli

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I am on the easiest "keto" diet out there I think. It is a version of CBL, called Carbnite (carbnite.com). Basically you keep your carbs below 30 carbs total per day, once per week you have a 6 hour window to take in carbs to raise your leptin levels back to normal so you will keep losing fat. It's simple, there are some very good books to help keep you below the 30 grams a day. I take in around 10-15 carbs a day very easily and eat stupid good. Bacon, Burgers, Chicken, Veggies (carbs - fiber = net carbs), cookies made with almond or coconut or flax seed meal flour.

It takes some thinking and planning at first but is easy once you get the idea of the plan. I eat better now than ever and the best part there is no caloric restrictions on the diet as long as you stay below the 30 net carbs. There are some rules like no sugar alcohols, and certain other sweetners and off limits but stevia and splenda are fine. I have over 15 people in my gym all doing it and every one it getting leaner and stronger. It's a sweet plan and the foods are actually fun to make and eat.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
...Burgers, Chicken, Veggies (carbs - fiber = net carbs), cookies made with almond or coconut or flax seed meal flour.

There are some rules like no sugar alcohols, and certain other sweetners and off limits but stevia and splenda are fine. I

Alright - i need that cookie recipe ASAP.

Also, does stevia spike insulin levels? I've been staying away from them out of fear they would... (I'm Carb Backloading right now - Day 83)

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
does stevia spike insulin levels?

Not in my experience, Stevia is the only sweetener I use. In fact, I truly believe it helps regulate my insulin and sugars.
Totally non-scientific results, just my observations from my monitoring...

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
According to John Kiefer which i think is the authority on cbl stevia and splenda are fine and his preference is splenda because how fast it exits your system.

I'll post some recipes over the next couple of days that make life worth living.

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
I am on the easiest "keto" diet out there I think. It is a version of CBL, called Carbnite (carbnite.com). Basically you keep your carbs below 30 carbs total per day, once per week you have a 6 hour window to take in carbs to raise your leptin levels back to normal so you will keep losing fat. It's simple, there are some very good books to help keep you below the 30 grams a day. I take in around 10-15 carbs a day very easily and eat stupid good. Bacon, Burgers, Chicken, Veggies (carbs - fiber = net carbs), cookies made with almond or coconut or flax seed meal flour.

It takes some thinking and planning at first but is easy once you get the idea of the plan. I eat better now than ever and the best part there is no caloric restrictions on the diet as long as you stay below the 30 net carbs. There are some rules like no sugar alcohols, and certain other sweetners and off limits but stevia and splenda are fine. I have over 15 people in my gym all doing it and every one it getting leaner and stronger. It's a sweet plan and the foods are actually fun to make and eat.

perfect timing... I had been looking to download this for some time; then I read your post; and I went ahead and snagged it...

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Looks up George Stella, this guy is amazing on ultra low carb foods.

http://www.stellastyle.com/ he has some great meal ideas and everything is ultra low carb. I have a couple of his cook books.

IMO people trying to lose body fat can't go wrong with carbnite. I do the Wendler 5/3/1 and even losing BF on this diet but lifts get stronger. I am losing fat (down to about 9% now) and still seeing more loss but I have yet to miss a mandatory lift on the program in over 4 months. :)

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Basically you keep your carbs below 30 carbs total per day, once per week you have a 6 hour wind to take in carbs..

Does it matter how many carbs and when the 6 hour window is
chosen?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic