woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Sandpig

Sandpig

MuscleHead
Jul 13, 2012
Not a big fan of all the extra fat like butter and bacon. I rarely use cheese also when doing Keto.

I like lean cuts of beef, chicken, eggs, healthy fats/oil, protein powder. Fish is obviously good but I don't eat it.

I more or less use the Dave Palumbo plan.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
No problem Turbo. What's CBL????

Carbohydrate Back Loading.

You fast in the morning, and eat fats and protein all day. On your workout days it's the same, but you load up on carbohydrates after your workouts.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Not a big fan of all the extra fat like butter and bacon. I rarely use cheese also when doing Keto.

I like lean cuts of beef, chicken, eggs, healthy fats/oil, protein powder. Fish is obviously good but I don't eat it.

I more or less use the Dave Palumbo plan.

So where do you get your fats from? Not sure what's so unhealthy about butter. The bacon I can understand because of the salt though.

Sandpig

Sandpig

MuscleHead
Jul 13, 2012
Fats from beef, olive oil, nuts
Try to make them healthy
That said, I no longer do Keto

MaxSeg

MaxSeg

MuscleHead
Aug 23, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On spot PB and I've no doubt you've noticed anything labeled as "low fat" is best avoided since that fat is almost always replaced with simple sugars.

Speaking of which, I recently visited to a yogurt self serve shop and noted the "no or low fat" stuff had TWICE as many calories as the good stuff.......with fat!

I'm sure some noted Time magazine front page pic a few weeks ago and follow up article. The bottom line, both adults and kidos have GAINED WEIGHT ever since the onset of the "no or low fat" craze which began in the 1980s.

Yep again all that fat was replaced with something WORSE, an overabundance of rapidly absorbed and metabolized simple sugars which were promptly converted into FAT.

This craze also compelled many to reduce or eliminate their exercise, in part because of the "insulin crash" but also because many actually believed exercise was "no longer necessary" (at least to some extent) since they were eating "no-low fat healthy products"!

jim

I agree 100%. I argue this all the time.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Beware. It'll make your breath and other stuff stink real bad. Other than that, I could do CKD year round.

MaxSeg

MaxSeg

MuscleHead
Aug 23, 2012
Beware. It'll make your breath and other stuff stink real bad. Other than that, I could do CKD year round.

Never had an issue with that. The problem that I had is getting enough fiber, it gets a bit rough without that roughage...lol

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
For me it's sweat smells like ammonia when I keto

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011

I had someone say, "Don't forget to brush your teeth."
My response... "I just did." :-(

I really had just brushed em... Keto is gross from that standpoint.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic