Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

9/11 was 14 years ago today

AeroSpaceEngineer

AeroSpaceEngineer

Sep 19, 2010
What were you doing when you heard the news?

I was working and when the first plane hit I heard it on the radio. When the second plane hit the building got very silent.

FranchizeBBer

FranchizeBBer

Sep 10, 2010
I was working at the time. I worked for a used car dealer and we were at a new car dealer looking over trade-ins to buy. They had a TV on and it was unfolding right on
the TV screen which seemed surreal at the time. Almost seemed like a joke was being shown on TV until we realized it was really true.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Have you ever wondered how a plane, which is essentially a hollow aluminum tube, with a composite (plastic) nose, could penetrate and completely disappear into a building made of steel and concrete?

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Have you ever wondered how a plane, which is essentially a hollow aluminum tube, with a composite (plastic) nose, could penetrate and completely disappear into a building made of steel and concrete?
physics... velocity is an amazing thing... but I would not expect a canuk to understand such intricacies of the world in which we live...eh ;)

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
now the Black Panthers want to tak this day and kill cops, white folks (mostly Children) and burn flags... SMH... and somehow they are not on the domestic terror list

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
now the Black Panthers want to tak this day and kill cops, white folks (mostly Children) and burn flags... SMH... and somehow they are not on the domestic terror list
Nor will it get much media coverage, unless one of those white cops shoots a black person.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I was at Aviano Italy and was on the ground at what was to become Bagram air base 10 days later.
Old bi-planes, a couple shot up Migs runway was cratered from mortar shells and a couple rusted out, leaning quanset huts.

i know, I know we weren't there that soon:rolleyes:

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011

image001-718310.jpg

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
I was on the road headed to school.

I thought the radio was talking about a new movie.

Also, I was in architecture school at the time. So we talked about the buildings falling a lot. I lol at anyone who thinks there were explosives planted inside.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I was on the road headed to school.

I thought the radio was talking about a new movie.

Also, I was in architecture school at the time. So we talked about the buildings falling a lot. I lol at anyone who thinks there were explosives planted inside.
As someone who has studied architecture, do you believe it was because of the jet fuel weakening the steel beams that caused the towers to collapse? I don't believe there were explosives planted inside either.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
As someone who has studied architecture, do you believe it was because of the jet fuel weakening the steel beams that caused the towers to collapse? I don't believe there were explosives planted inside either.

Absolutely. Steel loses its structural integrity RAPIDLY in the instance of extreme heat. Even just a regular building fire will compromise steel beams enough to make them collapse or deform. Hence spray-on fire-proofing.

But fire-proofing doesn't work when an explosion blasts it off.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011

what did you think a 400 ton airplane going at that speed was going to do when it hit the building...bounce off?

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic