Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

80% of fights are won by.....

S

sniper33

Sep 19, 2010
The person who lands the first punch. I remember seeing this statistic in a movie, I have no idea of it validity but it seems very likely, can anyone remember the movie for some reason I think it may have been a Bruce Willis movie.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
it was Dazed and Confused... and It was said by a guy who got his ass kicked believing statistics would help him...

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Not if your fighting RR she counter punches!

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
unless its a Donkey punch... she likes those ;)

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
Yes sir. Hit him first or hit the floor!

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Only sometimes in the ring . Some people can take hits, some take pcp lol, in survival whether multiple gang or on the battlefield punches are pretty much ineffective . Most don't understand that fighting sport is nothing like fighting for life. Overseas I was one of many that wore armor ( Kevlar vest, knee pads ect) on feudal times no matter what culture soldiers wore armor. - knights, bushi , Vikings ect . If you lost your blade striking was used but not really punching. Prizefighters wrap and wear gloves to protect hands . Very common for pros to get in a brawl and break hands then have to delay a match. Modern martial arts and mainstreamers are swayed by media like sport and mma etc. on a related topic most if not all modern martial arts are geared for sport. All mainstream books and YouTube cater to the whole ideology. Even the beurocrats in the military have had to question empty hand training for same reason . People rely on technology so sport has taken over since early 20th century

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
...but with the wife the fix is in. Even with superior striking, you gotta know when to throw in the towel or the ass embargo begins.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
"Never Back Down" was the movie.

Lol jk I don't know. Sniper long time no see..

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
The person who lands the first punch. I remember seeing this statistic in a movie, I have no idea of it validity but it seems very likely, can anyone remember the movie for some reason I think it may have been a Bruce Willis movie.

There is no validity - movies , magazines and the ring are all simulations . The ring actually using skill . Nothing said or written is actual . In fact in general most studies are also biased . Movie fight is joke always .

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I don't know, wasn't blood sport based on a true story?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Does anyone else read Ketsugo's posts with the accent of a Japanese guy from New England?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic