Members
Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

6 meals or less

A

abi008

Feb 18, 2013
can you loose weight by eating less then 6 meals as i can have a max of 3 meals due to immune system problems

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Yes you absolutely can. Meal frequency is much less important than how many total cals and the macro breakdown of those cals.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
This is gonna be a great thread. I can't wait to hear everyone's input.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Personally 6 meals works great for me.

Everyone is different though.

The idea for 6 meals is to make it easier to get your macros in and speed your metabolism up.

I've read and have been hearing that the 6 meals a day speeding up your metabolism is not true.

Again, everyone is different and you have to do what works for you.

Another thing to think about is this.

If you are trying to lose weight and you need to get 3,000 calories in a day. If you only eat 3 times a day that is 1,000 calories per meal. So it might be a little more diffictult to get that in.

If I'm not trying to eat healthy and get in my protein and such, ill only eat 3 times a day because I'm just not hungry.

I'm kinda thinking about playing around with IF and doing 3-4 meals a day.

Not sure yet.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Yes you absolutely can. Meal frequency is much less important than how many total cals and the macro breakdown of those cals.

This!! ^^^

Of course, I won't be able to find the study, but there was one recently that found eating 6 meals a day vs less showed a change of approx a half of a lb between both groups over a 12 week period, which could have been effected by any other number of things (water weight etc). It's a myth that eating more meals speeds up metabolism.

I personally know of several people that use an IIFYM diet along with less than 6 meals that are sitting at 8% or less, and this is how I have been doing things for going on 2 years now and have been as low as 8% and am currently 10%. I bulk up to 12-13%, then diet down to 10% every summer.

N

nini

Jun 18, 2013
loosing weight is as simple if you want to loose it 1 tip and that i test and tried and it works for me eat less you will automatically drops extra weight

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I eat more frequently and spread out while dieting simply because I want to keep my hunger satiated for the longest amount of time I am awake. Nothin to do with metabolism... That myth has been debunked ... However if you are one that will be affected by cravings for foods not on your diet or tempted to over eat then this can be a useful technique to avoid bad cravings

P

Pure-Elite

Aug 17, 2013
I went from eating 3 meals a day of around 200 calories to eating 6 meals a day with around 1500 calories and i lost nearly 10lbs in 6 weeks and 8% body fat. Im quite small anyway, so don't need to lose a lot, My friend followed the same diet as me and she lost over a stone, but she has a lot to lose and is a lot bigger than me by around 3 or 4 stone. I think you have to experiment and find out what works for your body best.

Personally i LOVE eating 6 times a day although meal prep can become a bit tiring

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I went from eating 3 meals a day of around 200 calories to eating 6 meals a day with around 1500 calories and i lost nearly 10lbs in 6 weeks and 8% body fat.

I am assuming that 200 calories was a typo and you meant 2000 calories. If so...

So you lost weight because you dropped in to a deficit? How is this showing more meals causes more fat loss?

F

flinderrose

Well its ok eats less then but if I will miss my routine meals that will be also not good for me..
Maybe I lost my health.. Any supplement or exercise will be more helpful for this purpose.. Takes all your nutrition and food as well as your body need.. Plenty of water and exercise is the best deal..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic