Members
Latest Member
jacobss

5/3/1 Questions?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You're using Wendler's BBB (Big But Boring) Routine. I know a few guys who have run it in the past and it worked very well for them.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
So on that last set of 5+. Whats a good rep range to be in? If you can get 10 reps. Is that ok?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
So on that last set of 5+. Whats a good rep range to be in? If you can get 10 reps. Is that ok?

Yes, if you can get 10 reps that's ok. The "+" means get as many as you possibly can and with 5/3/1 you usually get many reps in the beginning months.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Yes, if you can get 10 reps that's ok. The "+" means get as many as you possibly can and with 5/3/1 you usually get many reps in the beginning months.

Thanks, you've been a big help.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Definitely feeling this thread!
Loaded with info.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Ramrod I also switched from BB to Powerlifting style workouts and one thing you should also address is the different exercise technique . Previously I always trained in what I call power-bodybuilding i.e. very heavy weights but I found switching to power-lifting isn't as straightforward as simply a new programme and rep range . You will find it invaluable to watch stuff like the EFTS so you think you can series , my fav being the squat sequence , and learn how to set up correctly for the big lifts . Bodybuiders very much train by instinct and feel where as with power-lifting is much more regimented so when I started I used linear periodization starting with higher numbers than 5 to get me used to handling say 10 reps but not going to failure and to become accustomed to just doing what my programme calls for .

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
BBers just lift a weight and don't focus on the most efficient/effective way to lift the weight like PLers do.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic