Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

495x10 deads @ 205bw

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
You've got 600 easy in you at a meet ~ remember with the adrenaline, nerves and excitement you should have a bit more in you.

Personally if I were you, I'd be thinking of hitting somewhere around 600 for your second attempt.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Wow. You're killing it man.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
IMO I'd start at 550 and then do 585 and possibly 600 or more like 615..620 depending on how you feel. Goodluck

This is how I would go. Attempt one should be a guarantee. Something you can hit for a triple without wanting to die after.

Second attempt should meet or be a PR.

Third should be a PR.

Take it as it comes. Set your opener and decide based on how the pull went.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
This is how I would go. Attempt one should be a guarantee. Something you can hit for a triple without wanting to die after.

Third should be a PR.

That's the most important thing... to make that first attempt. You don't want to bomb out.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
IMO I'd start at 550 and then do 585 and possibly 600 or more like 615..620 depending on how you feel. Goodluck

I agree with this. First 550lbs, Seond 585lbs, Third 620lbs. That guarantees you make your first, your second ties your PB, and your third is for a new PB.

Also, you're going to turn some heads and cause some buzz b/c that's a serious pull for someone at your weight.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011

Third should be a PR.

I agree with this. First 550lbs, Seond 585lbs, Third 620lbs. That guarantees you make your first, your second ties your PB, and your third is for a new PB.

Also, you're going to turn some heads and cause some buzz b/c that's a serious pull for someone at your weight.

OK guys. I know when to listen. I will go with this and learn from the experience. Only thing I might go a little conservative on the last pull. A huge goal for me is just to break the 600 mark. So that or 605 may be my last pull instead of going for more.

If I enjoy the experience there is a RPS meet in June I may do. I can then really push myself to hit some better numbers. But not sure whether do do "Push/pull" or do all three lifts. (right now my squat is the weakest of my lifts relatively. Somewhere between 450-500) I took a year off squatting and have not maxed since bringing them back 2 months ago.

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
Great job on the reps! Looks to me like you had alot more gas in the tank. I don't think you struggled at all. Good luck on your meet brother!

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Thouse were great pulls. You had more in the tank though. That again should Boost your confidence going into your next meet.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010

Third should be a PR.

My thoughts as well PoB.

BTW..nice pulls. You're going to love this sport! Keep up the great work.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Nice work sir. Good luck in the meet.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic