C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I'll be getting a singlet for sure!

N

Nerve

May 11, 2015
No hate but you were way shy of parallel.

Lose those shoes; you'd be better off squatting in sock feet. Looks like your heels came off the ground.

Crazy weight and mad props but I doubt you'd get green lights across the board for that.

I have to agree with both parts of this.

Obviously high. Ditch the shoes, get Olympic WLing shoes, or get some other shoe that has a thin, non-compressible sole.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Those are considered weightlifting hybrid shoes. 1" heel.
The equipment wasn't the problem, really. Just need to hit it hard and not be a pussy.
Posted 455# two months ago with plenty of depth.
[video]https://youtu.be/O9oRgiy0EgM[/video]

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I think you just barely broke parallel but the angle sucks so tough to tell. I say **** it. Count that as a pr and keep going.

It's hard to see the knee top especially with the black cap on the rack.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
It is hard to tell with them shorts on but looks a tad high but not by much, good gym lift but about an inch high.

Great squat just keep at it.
Yeah, I think the hip crease was just a touch higher than the knees. But it's hard to tell, I could be wrong. But in a competition with adrenaline flowing through you and being fully rested, you would have gone deeper and still came out of the hole with good speed for three white lights.

So I'd count that as 1RM for training purposes and adjust your programming accordingly. Grats on that squat, that'd be competitive in your weight class for sure.

Last edited:
N

Nerve

May 11, 2015
Those are considered weightlifting hybrid shoes. 1" heel.
The equipment wasn't the problem, really. Just need to hit it hard and not be a pussy.
Posted 455# two months ago with plenty of depth.
[video]https://youtu.be/O9oRgiy0EgM[/video]

I don't think anyone was implying the shoes were hindering you from hitting depth.

I thought, & I'm assuming everyone else who commented on the shoes/barefoot thing thought that those were just some running shoes or something.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
The 465 was definitely past parallel, the angle makes it harder to read but you were definitely past parallel. The 455 was ass to ground. Nice

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
All I can say is I hope some of the people that are praising the depth in this squat vid are judges in my comp next weekend. I'll throw another 100 lbs on the bar.

:D

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
It looks an inch to maybe an inch and a half high...... You should know that, but don't let it take away from your PR in the gym, it doesn't matter at all.
It's a gym lift. It doesn't matter if it's ATG or higher than Snoop Dog it doesn't count as anything but training and for that purpose it was great.

Oly shoes would probably help a lot if you want to keep that squat stance. If you're doing crossfit check out some of Kelly Starret's Mobility WOD stuff for hips and ankles. It'll help you sink squats without getting so bound up in the hole.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I think everyone is forgetting this isn't a meet.... it's a gym lift and it's a solid squat. It's probably high, but then again just compete in the SPF and you'll be fine...

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I think everyone is forgetting this isn't a meet.... it's a gym lift and it's a solid squat. It's probably high, but then again just compete in the SPF and you'll be fine...

haha Thanks. Next one won't be high. I'll make sure it's deepah.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic