jacobss
What's New?

3w post show

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
Holding at 12%bf
Didn't do a bio scan close to stage but I know I didn't hit single digits. Learned loads this prep. Underestimated how much I had to loose for WPD and was too focused on trying to gain size still at 16w out so i really didn't start cutting till 14w out lol
I was dabbling with insulin still at 15w and honestly it only made me gain fat im pretty sure. Ran a 6w insulin protocal.
I'm definitely staying as lean as possible through this off season and doing 24w prep for my next show in 2025

Attachments

• 20230721_192040.jpg
    20230721_192040.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 51
Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Still looking very lean. I am definitely no expert when it comes to bodybuilding as far as gaining and losing weight between cycles. The guys that I know local over the last many years have stopped trying to put on so much fat and then spend so much time burning it back off again just to gain a couple of pounds of muscle. The older the guys that I know the less they're able to peel that fat back off. More and more are staying leaner but still trying to take in some extra calories. In my opinion most come out looking better. But everybody is different and not knocking anybody's regimen.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Looking good.

BTW you can run insulin without getting fat. Just don't consume fat when you are taking it and don't use insulin as a tool to take in more carbs. Use it to make delivery of those carbs more efficient. I ran insulin all the way up to peak week.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
Still looking very lean. I am definitely no expert when it comes to bodybuilding as far as gaining and losing weight between cycles. The guys that I know local over the last many years have stopped trying to put on so much fat and then spend so much time burning it back off again just to gain a couple of pounds of muscle. The older the guys that I know the less they're able to peel that fat back off. More and more are staying leaner but still trying to take in some extra calories. In my opinion most come out looking better. But everybody is different and not knocking anybody's regimen.
Your friends have learned by experience as I have lol its so true. I don't plan on getting over 15%bf through off season anymore. If I can stay leaner than that and still make lean gains then woot woot!! I'll be extra pleased. Longer preps to so your leaving lots of time to pull back if needed and also not having to drop into a deep deficits prematurely. Leaves way more tools in you basket with a longer prep. I learned so many things about what not to do this last prep. What to do differently and not just in diet and training but also show day tips lol that's a topic for it's own post at some point lol

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
Looking good.

BTW you can run insulin without getting fat. Just don't consume fat when you are taking it and don't use insulin as a tool to take in more carbs. Use it to make delivery of those carbs more efficient. I ran insulin all the way up to peak week.
Good to know! I had such a hard time finding information on insulin so my protocol was as my friend instructed, what she was doing. 10iu fast acting roughly 30min before training.
140C total pre, intra, and post. Not counting regular daily carb intake. I never eat fats around training so that wasn't the issue. I think I was just eating too many carbs in general. I got very fluffy pretty fast. Ran that protocol for 6w. I believe i was gaining 1-1.5lb a week roughly, got up to 162lb pretty quick.
Also I wasn't a fan of how I felt during my workouts. Felt lethargic which is not me in the gym. Light headed a bit which I understand could be hypoglycemia but I mean I'd say I had enough carbs in me. Primarily my training carbs were sourced from raw honey pre, and karbolynfor intra after I'd have toast and honey or something like that.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Good to know! I had such a hard time finding information on insulin so my protocol was as my friend instructed, what she was doing. 10iu fast acting roughly 30min before training.
140C total pre, intra, and post. Not counting regular daily carb intake. I never eat fats around training so that wasn't the issue. I think I was just eating too many carbs in general. I got very fluffy pretty fast. Ran that protocol for 6w. I believe i was gaining 1-1.5lb a week roughly, got up to 162lb pretty quick.
Also I wasn't a fan of how I felt during my workouts. Felt lethargic which is not me in the gym. Light headed a bit which I understand could be hypoglycemia but I mean I'd say I had enough carbs in me. Primarily my training carbs were sourced from raw honey pre, and karbolynfor intra after I'd have toast and honey or something like that.
Yeah, your carb intake was pretty high for someone of your size and insulin was a little on the high side. I take 5 iu of insulin pre workout and my pre workout, intra and post workout carbs comes to 150 g total and I am considerably larger than you.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
Yeah, your carb intake was pretty high for someone of your size and insulin was a little on the high side. I take 5 iu of insulin pre workout and my pre workout, intra and post workout carbs comes to 150 g total and I am considerably larger than you.
OK good to know man. Thanks!! I may dabble again with it if I feel the need to in the future. I'll keep the option in the basket. I've heard it can fuck up your pancreas but I didn't look into that much. Your thoughts?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
OK good to know man. Thanks!! I may dabble again with it if I feel the need to in the future. I'll keep the option in the basket. I've heard it can fuck up your pancreas but I didn't look into that much. Your thoughts?
No, it has no impact on your pancreas. The pancreas is like an on and off switch when using exogenous insulin. It is not like other hormones where taking exogenous doses shuts down your endocrine system for extended periods of time. However, your cells will become insulin resistant, which is why it is a good idea not to use it every day.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic