Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

30 lbs of muscle in 90 days?

nathandegrave

nathandegrave

Jan 19, 2012
For a competition I have decided to attempt gaining 30lbs of muscle in the next 90 days, AND take my body fat percentage from 12% down to only 7-8%! A lot of people are telling me it's impossible but I am doing this as a test to really stretch the limits of the human body and see what it's capable of.

I'm putting together a video series and website that will document the next 90 days as I show the workout routines, supplements, and meals that I take each day. Check out the video I just made for it:

Project Insanity - My Attempt to Gain 30 Pounds of Muscle in 90 Days!.wmv - YouTube

I'm definitely looking forward to sharing some of the experiences and tips that I learn and give back to the community. I'm here if anyone has questions or comments that they'd like to share. Should be an interesting journey the next 3 months!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I like your gusto but really, this is kinda dumb. Not gonna happen. But if you wanna keep a log on your activities I would love to follow along

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I'm with POB, not happening but good luck at your attempt.

OW that would be more attainable LOL...

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
No doubt you can add 30 pounds in 90 days. I've done it. But its not gonna all be muscle. From 12% to 7? Go ahead and shoot for these things. Maybe you will gain 15 pounds of muscle and lose down to 10%. If you think about it thats a pretty drastic change and gaining over 20 pounds of muscle right there because of the fat lose. If you actually lost 5% BF while gaining 30 pounds you would actually be gaining 40-50 pounds of muscle. You can see how impossible thats starting to look.

I also take it you will be trying to do this all natural, because at only 22 years old you have no business anywhere near AAS. Don't even tell me you are gonna do it with "Andromass" lol

Last edited:
chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Well, Gunslinger said it well and I like that you set the bar high for yourself. It's good to have goals bro. And at your age you can experience some great gains. Realisticly, the body can gain about .25lbs of muscle per week...give or take. That would add up to 1lb and maybe 1.5lb of muscle a month and 12 to 15 in a year...that would be damn good too.

Now the other side of that is that is under ideal conditions one of which would be a calorie surpluss. So to gain that 12+ lb of muscle you would likely add some fat too, from the additional calories. You just can not add muscle with restricted calories. Your body NEEDS to fuel itself and when your restrict calories they go to energy and not muscle building. Really the only way to both gain muscle and lose fat is to carb cycle.

I say make your goals more realistic like gain 10-12 lbs (mostly muscle) without adding much fat in 90 days. That is a lot and in a year...wow!

Hawk

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
This was his first post on another forum as well, I sense massive spamming of products with this log...

Good eye ritch.
Nonetheless 30 lbs will not be pretty in 90 days.
OW had a great comment about that.

I remember putting on 30 lbs my first year of training, but in 3 months...ummm....NO.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
You guys need to put more faith in MuscleTech....

Make sure you frown in your beginning picture, and be pasty white, and slouch so your belly looks bigger. Then, at day 90, make sure you're smiling, tan, and sticking your chest way out. That always works with the ads in the muscle mags...

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
The most accepted figure I've seen as far as actual muscle gain by the most competent and dedicated individuals is 8 lbs per 200lbs of bodyweight over an entire year. Of course, you have to factor in where this person is at as far as gains go. When we say that "your first cycle is always your best" it's really only because you are at the beginning or middle of your training stages. Someone who has always trained to be fit and "maintain" muscle figure around 175 lbs, will have a much better chance of growing their muscle fibers than someone who weighs 280 lbs and has been training for size for 10 years.

So, if we go by that 8 lb number, a 100 lb man could be expected to gain 2 lbs of muscle in a 90 day period. Actual weight gain may be closer to 10-15 lbs, but a lot of that is water in the connective tissues and subQ tissues and some fat. So, the real question may be....will AAS give you results 15 times better than training naturally? (assuming that the natural training is effective). My guess is "no" it will not be that effective in increasing your results. However, expecting to gain 30 lbs in a 90 day period is not a reach. But, like others have alluded to, it's probably only a third muscle at the very best. 10lbs of muscle in a 90 day period is still quite a feat. I don't understand why people wouldn't be happy with 10 lbs of muscle in a time span of 90 days. Take the 90 days and hope to gain 8 lbs of muscle, then spend another 90 days and maintain that muscle while cutting up. 10 extra lbs of muscle at a lower BF% can really make a difference in one's physique.

Overall, I would say this goal is impossible. But, sometimes you need to fail to understand how to do things more efficiently. High expectations are not always bad, but they should be on the high side of "realistic" not the high side of "fantasy." None of the pros you see today built they're body in just 90 days, so I think it's foolish to expect such an outcome. Furthermore, tackling incredible muscle building and rapid fat loss at the same time can be a very costly approach health-wise. Very few of the foods on this planet are "perfect" foods, at least in the sense that they directly influence an increase in lypolysis AND muscle fiber size.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
No doubt you can add 30 pounds in 90 days. I've done it. But its not gonna all be muscle.l

LMAO! I can gain 30 pounds in 30 days!

OP: aim high and put the work in and your best will be your best. That's all you can do. BTW, what's your training history?

EDIT: Just watched vid... it's gonna take a little more than pushups, jumping jacks and yoga lololol...

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic