Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter

3 Smolov Jr Cycles into 10 Week Cube Method?

RageBlanket

RageBlanket

Feb 13, 2013
Wanted to get some opinions on this. I've had pretty good luck with Cube, but I REALLY want to bring up my squat & deads.

I have a meet picked out that's 19 weeks of prep from next Monday (8/12), and I was considering doing Smolov Jr. for each of the big 3, then transitioning into the Cube for the final 10.

I'm planning on eating/cycling up to a full 308 (285 now), but will this absolutely bury me mentally and/or physically? I've never really focused on a meet this far out, but I've got some goals I'd like to reach so I'm planning early.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
9 weeks of beating yourself to crap then 10 weeks of a long-term program?

Personally I'd just run Cube and add more workload and active recovery if you are really determined. Then 4 weeks of cube set to get the heavy everything day on meet day.

Most programs work well for someone. Every program works a little for everyone. Every program at once works for nobody.

RageBlanket

RageBlanket

Feb 13, 2013
9 weeks of beating yourself to crap then 10 weeks of a long-term program?

Personally I'd just run Cube and add more workload and active recovery if you are really determined. Then 4 weeks of cube set to get the heavy everything day on meet day.

Most programs work well for someone. Every program works a little for everyone. Every program at once works for nobody.

That's kind of the conclusion I've led myself to. I'm still deficient in squats, so I'm going to run 3 weeks, deload, then run a 14 week cube. I think.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I really think Smolov is not for everyone and should only be used to push through a plateau when nothing else has worked... just my opinion

RageBlanket

RageBlanket

Feb 13, 2013
I really think Smolov is not for everyone and should only be used to push through a plateau when nothing else has worked... just my opinion

That's where I'm at with squats. I need to bust a plateau I've been banging my head against for some time now.

U

Usealittle

Feb 15, 2012
Smolov is awesome for squats but drove me crazy! Squating 4x a wk made me not even want to go to the gym... But in 5wks I added 65lbs (couldn't take it any longer) Which stayed around after I stopped the smolov cycle. Carbs where my best friend on it. Eat about 6-700 grams Ed, first 2wks had my norm 2-300 which made like very hard! Upped it to the 6-700 and works outs got much Easyer....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic