Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

10 reasons to eat beef

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
We get a whole beef every year lasts for the majority of the year. Much cheaper that way. so I consume a serious amount of steak all year long..

Thats great.I eat tons of beef as well and would love to be able to get it this way.I buy in bulk but ,thats BULK!! LOL

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
as a kid growing up we had a small farm and every year butchered a beef. there is nothing better than homegrown beef! i know that this steer has been very very well fed and is free of any antibiotics or anything else! this will be my yearly tradition from now on! support the local 4-H/FFA and put great meat in the freezer, does it get any better?

Thats awesome ATW.

And no,it doesn't get any better than that.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
ATW, how much does the cow cost you? Do you butcher it yourself or have it done and if you have someone else do it what does that run you? Just curious, I think it's a great idea without a doubt.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
ATW, how much does the cow cost you? Do you butcher it yourself or have it done and if you have someone else do it what does that run you? Just curious, I think it's a great idea without a doubt.

it cost me $5,400. i paid $4.50/lb for it as it is a support the youngsters thing. it actually weighs 1412# but they only make me pay for up to 1200#. thats just the way they do it here in smallville.

actual market value if i were to buy it at the sale would probably be around 0.90-$1.00/# for this size. making its actual cost around $1200 give or take a couple hundred.

it is $70 to have it killed and then $0.69/lb to have it processed. so it is going to cost me another $1000 to put it in the freezer.

at that price it makes it pretty comparable to what one would pay in the store for it. im not sure what its hanging weight will be. that will give a better idea of how much per pound it costs. but once again, it is good beef and for a good cause and i didnt have to take care of it or anything :D

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Thanks ATW for breaking it down for me. That is a must do, I'm going to have to invest in a couple of drop freezers but that seems so worth it.

IronBreez

IronBreez

Aug 3, 2017
Beef is most definitely on my diet. How about yours? Beef seems to be so rare. I heard it's also good for testosterone production (not sure does it work on women) but i think it's because b-vitamin, zinc and magnesium.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
Dang IB u brought this back from when I was in my 40s lol

Beef does the body good

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
We've been F.I.S.T.'ed!

IronBreez

IronBreez

Aug 3, 2017
Sorry, I wanted to make thread 'Where's your beef?' or 'Why not beef?'. And I searched and found this thread, and this had so much more information that I was able to pull off... next time I make the thread I have in my mind, is it ok?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Sorry, I wanted to make thread 'Where's your beef?' or 'Why not beef?'. And I searched and found this thread, and this had so much more information that I was able to pull off... next time I make the thread I have in my mind, is it ok?
Just joking with your @IronBreez. Fist would copy/paste 100's of posts a week and terrorize the board.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic