Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

1:30 AM gym rats

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
Well I had scheduled a workout for my normal 530 am. I was wide awake at 1:30 so I said lets move this thing up take advantage of this energy. I belong to a 24 gym, its pretty cool free weights hammer strength metal playing. Kind of old but all good equipment I think it used to be a store of some kind because there is tons of space, triple what they need. I have never been at this time so I was curious as to what I would find there. Well to my surprise there were people there getting to it. Guys power cleaning, moving weights. I was shocked. I actually think there were more people there than at the 5:30 time I am usually there. Pleasant surprise to say the least. Got a great workout in and now I can sleep in a little. Anyone lift late? Or early for that matter.

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
Cool story bro! My gym closes at 11 and opens at 5

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Since my schedule has changed to nights (it varies day to day), i've been hitting it anywhere from 2:30-3:30 am after i get off, hence why i am posting at 3am lol. I like it actually, all the tards are asleep and i have gym to myself kind of.

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
Since my schedule has changed to nights (it varies day to day), i've been hitting it anywhere from 2:30-3:30 am after i get off, hence why i am posting at 3am lol. I like it actually, all the tards are asleep and i have gym to myself kind of.

I am with you its nice to have the place to yourself thats why i usually try to get there early. By 630 people are showing up.

Ramapage that sucks for you I thought Planet Fitness was open 24 hours? Is it the purple machines you like there? Or the motto of no judgement that draws you in? Dont drop a weight or make a noise you will get kicked out lol.

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
I've gotten up at 2am and headed to the gym. It's great because it's almost like you own the gym. Only a few people there.

Plus you get the left over pizza.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
That's the best part of having a key to my gym..... can't sleep? Go squat.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I get home around midnight most days. I wish I had the energy to lift then but I'm usually exhausted. It's all I can do to get up and workout in the morning these days.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I am not an early morning person at all.

I mostly train in the evenings. Usually late morning or early afternoon if it's the occasional Saturday or rare Sunday that I'm training. Sometimes pretty early in the evening / afternoon on a Friday.

If I'm lifting after 9pm, I'll probably have trouble falling asleep and getting up early the next day. 10-11 am is about the earliest I'll train on a Saturday. I need to be awake for several hours, have at least one good meal in me, and some coffee before I even think about the gym.

C

Cheops

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2010
I am not an early morning person at all.

I mostly train in the evenings. Usually late morning or early afternoon if it's the occasional Saturday or rare Sunday that I'm training. Sometimes pretty early in the evening / afternoon on a Friday.

If I'm lifting after 9pm, I'll probably have trouble falling asleep and getting up early the next day. 10-11 am is about the earliest I'll train on a Saturday. I need to be awake for several hours, have at least one good meal in me, and some coffee before I even think about the gym.

Do you style up your pompadour before you work out?

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I only lift when the gym is full and busy so I can use the squat rack to curl in.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic