Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Feel the Burn!!

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
So I'm about a week or into a entry level bodybuilders diet where I eat about 500 cal (50% protein 20% carbs 30% Fat) 6 times a day and I feel great. Actually a little bit better than great; I kinda feel like I have sunburn without the pain? I means seriously; is this normal?

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I'm also drinking more water than ever with little cardio; I drink 16Oz with every feeding and hit the water fountain in between.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Do you mean 3k total?

sounds like an alergic reaction to something you ate though.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
A sunburn?? Where? Are you taking beta-alanine in any supps? That definitely doesn't sound right. Nut is probably right though. Maybe hit a benadryl and see if it goes away?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I thought this was a DNP thread.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
Yeah, 3K total; I'm struggling to eat this much protein. Not as many calories in the protein that I eat than I originally thought. Nothing that I really ate different than before just in different proportions (more tuna than banana's) and different frequency so I don't think it's an allergic reaction. Today I had 4oz of smoked salmon and oatmeal for breakfast; 4 sticks of string cheese; protein shake with chocolate milk; a can of tuna; about 2 oz of skinless chicken (picked of the rotisserie)and a handful of almonds. I still have a couple meals to do go; but I'm only like at 1700 cal. Maybe my calculators off.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
What's a DNP thread? (Do not post?) I'm not talking any supplements except glucamine and creatine (used them up because they were a gift). Using Syntha-6 for protein shake (taste good). I didn't know if you guys experienced the same effect when protein was a majority of your caloric intake.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
DNP is a chemical that burns fat. there are many threads up about it and many members use it. from my understanding causes excessive body heat when carbs are eaten.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
Gotcha; Dinitrophenol. I'm not educated enough to trial and error stuff like that but will check the threads out.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Yeah, 3K total; I'm struggling to eat this much protein. Not as many calories in the protein that I eat than I originally thought. Nothing that I really ate different than before just in different proportions (more tuna than banana's) and different frequency so I don't think it's an allergic reaction. Today I had 4oz of smoked salmon and oatmeal for breakfast; 4 sticks of string cheese; protein shake with chocolate milk; a can of tuna; about 2 oz of skinless chicken (picked of the rotisserie)and a handful of almonds. I still have a couple meals to do go; but I'm only like at 1700 cal. Maybe my calculators off.

you're not giving exact amounts on the carbs so this is a rough estimate but it looks like 1987 calories/ 116g Carbs/ 97g Fat/164g Protein.

What's a DNP thread? (Do not post?) I'm not talking any supplements except glucamine and creatine (used them up because they were a gift). Using Syntha-6 for protein shake (taste good). I didn't know if you guys experienced the same effect when protein was a majority of your caloric intake.

I have never heard of someone getting an itchy or burning feeling from a high protein diet. Only thing I can think of is scombroid toxin in the tuna, but thats both highly unlikely and you're missing out on a whole host of other symptoms... So forget that. no clue on the heat thing bro.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Gotcha; Dinitrophenol. I'm not educated enough to trial and error stuff like that but will check the threads out.

it doesnt sound like you need to be doing anything with DNP anyway.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
Maybe I'm not describing this well enough; no itching or irritation. It feels like a fever without being sick; like I'm warm to the touch. I'll give myself the thermometer (orally) to make sure I'm not getting sick, but I feel better with the diet change than I have in a long time. Maybe body is just reacting different.

I got more detailed on the diet and I'm overestimating the 3K and percentages were off; broken down 2395 cal; 202g protein 34% 186 Carb 31% and 90g Fat 34% (I've had a meal and added the one I'm going to eat later since last post). 101 complex carbs 85 sugars. I'm 190ish; I'll check the threads to see how I can get more protein in me. I'm trimming down, which makes sense; but that's not the current goal. This bodybuilding stuff is way more than brute effort; you guys are biomedical researchers. I'm building muscle and much more respect for you guys.:)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic