Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Keep up with your Bloodwork

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
the thing is that EVERYBODY needs to be responsible for their own health! i know you go to the doctor and you expect them to be on top of everything and know everything but it doesnt happen! the way healthcare is today, there is too much going on for them to spend the time going over everybodies chart the way they should and asking all the questions that they should ask. with that in mind, get copies of all your charts and records and blood tests and go over them so that if you find something and have a question you can call or make an appointment and discuss it with the doctor. your medical records are your property and they should have no problem making copies for you every time!

my uncle just died from lung cancer. in june he went to the doctor because his neck hurt and he had some lumps there. he had had a physical and x rays done in april and never heard from the doctor. so when he went in to get his neck check out they found huge lymph nodes, did a chest film and he had a huge cancer there. it was there in april and the radiologist had it on the report but the doctor hadnt ever seen the results or whatever. the point being, my uncle never knew because he wasnt taking an active part in his health and his medical records. yes, he would have still died as the cancer was everywhere but he could have had a few more months to do stuff with his family or cross things off his bucket list.

dont rely on the doctors! dont be lazy with your health! it is the only body you got and denying that there might be a problem doesnt make the problem go away and neither does ignorance!

sorry to hear about the kidneys dragon, hope you get a transplant soon.

Last edited:
B

BikerTrash

Rottens cookie dealer
Mar 19, 2011
I just got back from Doctors office and having a full blood panel drawn for readings, I did take off 6 days of gym prior to my Testing in hopes of no inaccurate readings . Thanks Dragon for sharing this with us . I am fixin to start my next Blast very shortly and needed the Bloods all checked prior to make sure everything was in line prior .
I also feel that Donating blood every 8 weeks is important as well . Just my .02

J

jackhammer

Aug 6, 2011
thx for the post dragon. you sound like a very strong individual and i know you will conquer this brotha. ive said it before, but in this lifestyle it really seems as though the kidneys are a bbers expiration date. Genetic disorder or not, we beat our selves up and love it. but the kidneys dont seem to appreciate that. and unlike almost all organs, they cannot get up once knocked down. i can tell ya the heathy things people suggest for kidney support but listen the dragon. you wont know unless you look inside if your regimen is working or if you might happen to have the same congenital deffect and need to take appropiate measures. thx again bro

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Lifting and eating high protein in general are bad for the kidneys. I often wonder how much damage we do by making are kidneys have to process soo much more than normal. GL with the transplant

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
Our thoughts are with ya Dragon. I actually just got my blood drawn today:D

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
You should also disclose that you train heavy with weights several times a week, so that the doc takes that into consideration when interpreting the values.

Also stay strong dragon..you must be coping with this very well

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
Well that is positive regarding AAS use so thanks !!
And it still does NOT change my positiion that people need to take AAS seriously and get blood-work done !

Did you by chance run Hgh frequently or at all ??

If he would have answered "yes" to this question, would you be blaming the HGH for his problem?

Good luck with the transplant Dragon. I get blood done every 6 months just to keep an eye on things. I found that I only need to refrain from training for 48 hours to keep from skewing the bloodwork results (played with this a bit over the years). Staying on top of it is the name of the game (regardless of whether you do AAS, drink too much alcohol, eat too much, don't eat enough, work too hard, sleep too much, sleep too little, eat too many preservatives, eat too much soy, have a genetic predisposition, get too much sun, get too little sun, or get a serious injury). A lot of shit comes in to play because after all.....WE ARE ALL HUMAN!!!

Dragon70669

Dragon70669

Jun 6, 2011
You should also disclose that you train heavy with weights several times a week, so that the doc takes that into consideration when interpreting the values.

Also stay strong dragon..you must be coping with this very well

Hey Mindless - If you are truly training heavy with weights several times a week, the Doc should be able to tell, don't you think? If not, I would get a new Doc! LOL

Thanks for the wishes!

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
This is off topic but you look pretty damn good for 58!

I didn't think we could donate blood if on anything, and I would think after they
tested it they wouldn't let you donate anymore.

B

BikerTrash

Rottens cookie dealer
Mar 19, 2011
This is off topic but you look pretty damn good for 58!

I didn't think we could donate blood if on anything, and I would think after they
tested it they wouldn't let you donate anymore.
Unlike many believe , you should donate while on "cycle" for healthy blood levels , The donation centers will allow you to donate you just have to #1 not tell them your on cycle #2 you will have to answer a couple of the questions um "not honestly" . The Blood donations centers send the blood off for a very In depth testing process prior to using it on someone else ,however regardless of the results of the tests of your donated blood ,if its bad and they cannot use it , they just disgard it and trash it , the results never come back to you or the centers , the donated blood just gets disgarded .I dontate every 8 weeks regardless wether im on cycle or not ,and believe me it helps , seems my BP always goes down and I feel better for awhile post donating .

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Not trying to hijack the thread... Because I want you to get that kidney Dragon...

But the Red Cross will notify you if your blood comes back with a disease or STD to prevent you from spreading it... that came from a red cross agent...

I also almost shit in my pants once when I got a personal call from the red cross rather than the automated "Come Donate" call... the lady just wanted to talk in person.. I thought she was going to tell me BT gave me HIV or something... I was quite relieved...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic