Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Keep up with your Bloodwork

Dragon70669

Dragon70669

Jun 6, 2011
Not trying to scare anyone but please do your bloodwork regularly and keep track of your results.

2 of the main tests done in blood workups are Creatinine and BUN. These 2 parameters are results that Dr.s look at to check kidney function. Unfortunately, heavy weight training can make these 2 results look like you are having kidney problems. When you lift heavy or intensly it breaks down muscle fibers and makes the creatinine and BUN rise and most doctors are aware of this. This fact could mask true kidney problems for quite a while.

Suggestion is to occassionally rest for a few days before having blood drawn.

I mention all of this because I am in total kidney failure and on dialysis every night. Hopefully this info could help some of you.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
wow thats nuts..... god bless u man

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Not trying to scare anyone but please do your bloodwork regularly and keep track of your results.

I mention all of this because I am in total kidney failure and on dialysis every night. Hopefully this info could help some of you.

First off you SHOULD scare the shit out of people, many think AAS is not a serious thing to fuck with. Or "it will never happen to me" mentality.

Second, can you give us some history please and what use\abuse lead up to your kidney failure??

Thank you for your honesty and being open about your medical condition.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Thanks for posting this bro, I have had some kidney issues to. Respect to you.

peace.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Good luck and prayers for you dragon.

Dragon70669

Dragon70669

Jun 6, 2011
Ms.W - It just so happens that my kidney failure has nothing to do with AAS use or abuse. It turns out that a biopsy revealed a genetic disorder called FSGS that causes scarring of the glomeruli (kidney filtering sections). It wasn't until I was 58 years old before it became bad enough to really alert me and the doctors.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Ms.W - It just so happens that my kidney failure has nothing to do with AAS use or abuse. It turns out that a biopsy revealed a genetic disorder called FSGS that causes scarring of the glomeruli (kidney filtering sections). It until I was 58 years old before it became bad enough to really alert me and the doctors.

Well that is positive regarding AAS use so thanks !!
And it still does NOT change my positiion that people need to take AAS seriously and get blood-work done !

Did you by chance run Hgh frequently or at all ??

Dragon70669

Dragon70669

Jun 6, 2011
Before you all start feeling too sorry for me, I still hit the gym hard as a SOB 5 times a week and am on the list for a transplant. I credit the BB lifestyle with giving me the extra strength and drive to keep this up.

Dragon70669

Dragon70669

Jun 6, 2011
No mam, no Hgh. Just a very bad luck of the draw in what my family passed down to me.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
No mam, no Hgh. Just a very bad luck of the draw in what my family passed down to me.

Genetics..........well sorry to hear that ( I wont feel bad for ya ;) lol) but I DO hope you get that transplant ASAP !!!

K

-KB-

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2010
Hey neighbor. I wish you the best of luck to overcome this. Sounds like your mind is in the right place.

KB (from MAS)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic