Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Anxiety/ Panic Attacks

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I've been battling a lot of anxiety and panic attacks for a while now. You guys know of any natural supplements that specifically
help with these 2 issues? Some days its fucking over whelming and hard to even function. I've dealt with this on and off for years now.
I have some Xanax as a last resort, but don't like to use them if I don't have to. There's a shit ton of anxiety supplements on Amazon but id
like to hear if someone uses a specific one that helps. I heard Ashwagandha is decent, but does anyone use something they swear by that helps them?
I do meditation and breathing techniques which help, but looking for a supplement I can take daily.
I appreciate any help.
Thanks

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
I just went through a 20 day panic attack
It sucks! I’m still
Tryin to figure it out also.

Is your blood pressure good? And what about insulin resistance? Something must be triggering it. Are you living rite and treating people good etc

blm

blm

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2023
Kava 6 by Nature's Answer. I've written multiple posts on multiple boards about how it literally saved my life, marriage, and relationship with my children. I was in a bad way with anxiety from stress. It was destroying me and everything around me. It doesn't work like a pharmaceutical where it affects you in a drug induced way. For me, it just naturally melted away the anxiety. For a few months, I had to take the max dose of 2 per day but then cut it to 1 per day, and eventually just taking one on occasion if things got to be too overwhelming.

If you try it, I hope you find the same relief as I did!

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Sorry to hear you are going through this. I get 1-2 a year and can't imagine you guys living with this for days on end.
I always rely on Xanax, but am wary of using it too much.
Thinking of trying some THC gummies. Do they help at all?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Do you take 5htp at all? That helps with positive mood. I have been taking that for years.

Most of us have used Liver care from here, and the rest of there products are also top notch and actually work.
https://himalayausa.com/collections/stress-and-mood/products/hello-peace

Otherwise what I’ve learned is you got to try a few of the supplements and see what combinations work for you. I would start with the above brand.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Nothing seems to even come close to comparing to Xanax in general, and I've experimented with a lot. I have some leftover from my dog's fear of storms and fireworks, and I take 0.5mg maybe once or twice a month max when I've just had enough. It works so very, very well and doesn't leave me too sluggish the following day, either. Could probably get away with 0.25mg really.

Yea, I realize all I did was cheerlead for Xanax... which is totally the opposite of the question. Sorry.

You might have better luck with alternatives. I've tried ashwaghanda and more exotic things in nootropics... either didn't work or had undesired effects (extreme irritability is a big problem with anti-anxiety for me). Mexidol is something you might could try. Many do find it on par with benzo's, and last time I checked, you could still get it on Amazon even.

Last edited:
MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I have an issue with low iron. My body isnt absorbing iron like its supposed too.
When my iron levels are low I get anxity. I have to use ativan to sleep. I also use it during the day when it gets really bad.
.5 - 1mg works well for me. When Iet the iron infusion it gets much better.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Very interested in this topic. Here lately I’ve had some bad anxiety.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Forgot to add, if I wanted to buy Mexidol again, I'd probably order elsewhere to make sure it was legit. Cosmic Nootropic and RUPharma are legit, though payment methods can be a turnoff for some.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I take propranolol daily as a preventative and on days I feel like everything is piling up I take a little more than normal and it helps A LOT. I hate the way Xanax makes me feel and the length it affects me and propranolol doesn't seem to have that problem. It just calms me a little, lowers my pulse, but doesn't make me tired. It's also done a great job lowering my blood pressure over time.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I take propranolol daily as a preventative and on days I feel like everything is piling up I take a little more than normal and it helps A LOT. I hate the way Xanax makes me feel and the length it affects me and propranolol doesn't seem to have that problem. It just calms me a little, lowers my pulse, but doesn't make me tired. It's also done a great job lowering my blood pressure over time.

I've had a box of that on hand if things ever got to the point of "something has to be done." It doesn't affect your cardio or workouts? Plus, if you have asthma, you have to be careful with it (I do, but it's very mild nowadays). Emergency inhalers will not work if you are on Propranolol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic